Parallax Tilemap displays wrong in editor

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Supports 1D, 2D, 3D arrays. Import and export arrays in JSON format
  • Problem Description

When I put a tilemap in a parallaxed layer and choose to display the parallax effect in the editor the tilemap ends up disappearing and exhibiting very odd behavior the more I scroll in the editor

Attach a Capx

[attachment=0:3im2dxvb][/attachment:3im2dxvb]

Description of Capx

This Capx has 0 events in it, but includes two layers, the lower of which is parallaxed with a tilemap in it. It is set to show the effect in the editor, and displays very buggy.

Steps to Reproduce Bug

• Create two layers
    • Set one to 60,60 parallax
    • Set parallax to display in editor
    • Put tilemap in parallax layer

Observed Result

As I move around in the editor the tilemap begins to disappear and parallaxes very poorly

Expected Result

I expect it to not do this but instead to display the same way it does when I run the project (displays perfectly in browser)

Affected Browsers

• Does not affect browsers as it is only an in-editor bug. Displays perfectly fine in the browsers.

Operating System and Service Pack

Windows 7 V 6.1 SP 1

Construct 2 Version ID

r190

Display Drivers

I'm running an HP Pavilion 6 with Intel HD graphics run through ATI drivers and am using the most up to date version available from HP. Problem still persists.

• Was just looking at it in my editor and realized that the Tilemap *is* displaying correctly (what you can see of it) but not drawing tiles that *would be* offscreen if the parallax was set to 100, 100. As if the editor is using the X and Y of the view window to determine which tiles should be drawn but not taking the parallax of the Tilemap's layer into account when drawing. I could be way off! lol But thought the observation might help determine what's going on.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thanks, should be fixed in the next build.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)