If you use the "search" ability in the event sheet and you forget to "clear search" before closing the program, the next time you open your .capx the sheet that you last did your search in will have every event expanded/open. Because there is no "collapse all events" button like there is a "collapse all groups" button, this creates massive issues for large projects because you do not always want to have all your thousands of events open as it makes your work harder to navigate.
Attach a Capx
https://copy.com/ctEWp4cFtVkRp84Z/searc ... download=1
Steps to Reproduce Bug
- Open the provided .capx
- Open the event sheet
- Notice that every event and subevent is closed. There should only be 2 events visible in the sheet
- Do a search in the event sheet for "text"
- For event 67, which has the condition for "text", give it any action (such as "set visible")
- Save the current project
- Close the Construct 2 program
- Open the .capx you just saved
- Open the event sheet, and notice that all 124 events are open and visible on screen
- Optional step to experience the pain of the bug: Close every subevent and parent event individually until all of them are closed and only 2 events are visible
Every single event is open and visible.
Every event should be closed.
Feature request if unresovable
Allow us to "collapse all events" in the event sheet right click menu (just as there is a "collapse all groups"), this would be highly helpful as it's more beneficial for our time and workflow to have every event collapsed and to only open events where we desire. More details are here: request-collapse-all-events_t111954
Of course in a perfect world users would always "clear search" before saving, but sometimes there is the odd occasion where we forget!