[r174] Platform glitch when jumping near wall

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Tweakable and easy to use effects for your projects.
  • Problem Description

Hello!

I'm having an issue with the platform behavior. When I jump near a platform, the player sometimes, if close enough, interrupts the jump and magically sticks itself to the next platform. This was much better explained in this thread https://www.scirra.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=152&t=107250&p=792695&hilit=issue+jumping+up+steps#p792695. According to that thread it was apparently introduced in r171?

It's also supposed to be solved but I still have this issue. Any help would be very appreciated!

Attach a Capx

Please see the attached .CapX

Description of Capx

Simple platform stage. Moves player to the right. Jump with mouse-click.

Steps to Reproduce Bug

• When standing next to, or right before, a wall, jump with mouse click.

Observed Result

Watch how the jump gets aborted and the player gets sucked down to the next platform.

Expected Result

The jump should continue and the player should not be sucked down to the next platform.

Affected Browsers

• Chrome: (YES)
    • FireFox: (YES)
    • Internet Explorer: (YES)

Operating System and Service Pack

Windows 7, Service Pack 1

Construct 2 Version ID

r174

also tried with r173

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I have noticed this intermittently as well

• OK, I see

Here's a video of the glitch. It's quite subtle and it feels weird when playing.

• The platform behavior is really complicated, and often fixing one problem will cause changes in other situations. It looks like that happened again. I made a slight tweak to the algorithm for the next build - hopefully that will fix this case without regressing the original one again...

• Ah! It seems to be gone now with release 175! Now I can continue with the game!

Here's a small screenshot.

[attachment=0:2f7ueuq7][/attachment:2f7ueuq7]

Thanks!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)