Jumpthrough behavior bug

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Match same tiles with each other as fast as you can and earn more score during a limited time!
  • Problem Description

I use the jumpthrough behavior on a tilemap so that each tile can be fallen through. If I have two floors separated by one tile, and the character is taller than one tile, then it'll continue to fall through both platforms because it is waiting until the character isn't overlapping to reset the fallthrough.

It should be designed to only take into account the bottom of the character collision box (the part touching), rather than the whole collision box. Also it should only take into account the top of the platform collision box (which could be different depending upon the orientation of the object).

Attach a Capx

[attachment=0:18l4hbkv][/attachment:18l4hbkv]

Description of Capx

Sprite with platform behavior and tilemap with jumpthrough behavior, setup so that bug occurs.

Steps to Reproduce Bug

• Press down arrow to fall through platform.

Observed Result

Sprite falls through two platforms.

Expected Result

Sprite should only fall through first platform.

Affected Browsers

• Chrome: (YES)
    • FireFox: (YES)
    • Internet Explorer: (YES)

Operating System and Service Pack

windows vista, sp2

Construct 2 Version ID

r178

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • This could be extremely difficult to fix. The platform behavior is very complex and has seen a lot of edge-case bug reports like this that mean every line of code is very carefully tuned. As we've found with previous reports and fixes, even minor changes can cause a cascade of other edge cases which then need to be fixed and generally causes even more headaches.

The workaround however is very simple: just make the object shorter. Is that a workable solution?

• Okay, I suppose that's understandable..

The workaround that I went with was to use a separate object with the jump through behavior, and place it over the platform below and make it invisible- it adds an extra step to level designing, but it's workable at least. I prefer this solution over changing my character's collision box, since that might effect other situations related to that.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)