Need help with sound (Solved now, thanks)

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
Game with complete Source-Code (Construct 3 / .c3p) + HTML5 Exported.
  • Howdy! About three weeks ago, my partner and I made a 'match 3' game (link) and I've been steadily updating it since. When I first uploaded it, the music and sound worked fine, but now they've stopped working. To test if it was something finickity we'd changed over the course of the many events, we set up a new project that would only play sound on click, no other features. It still isn't playing sound when I upload it. It /does/ play just fine in the preview. ( capx of sound test and online version of sound test)

We've tested it on different computers and different internet browsers. We're using Windows 7 and don't have access to any other OS to compare.

Just to reiterate, sound worked fine before. Similarly, sound has stopped playing in all my previous construct games at the same time, though nothing has been changed on them.

Any ideas what's going wrong? I don't see any mention of similar problems elsewhere in the forums. Does the sound in those links work for you, and if so, are you using a different OS?

• Hmm, I have been seeing lots of notifications in various of my projects suggesting doppler effects support would be dropped.

Are you using things as "Play at object / play at location" etc ?

• I can't view the capx, it's no longer there.

but your game has no sound for me.. in Chrome or Firefox.

• Hmm, I have been seeing lots of notifications in various of my projects suggesting doppler effects support would be dropped.

Are you using things as "Play at object / play at location" etc ?

Thanks for the reply, but nope I'm not. Just play: audiofile, sorry.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I can't view the capx, it's no longer there.

but your game has no sound for me.. in Chrome or Firefox.

Thanks for the broswers test!

Ah, sorry about the capx, I'm not sure why it's not downloadable; it's still on my server. Oh well, nevermind! I'll try Google Drive instead : [this any better?) Failing that, here's a screenshot of the sound test that isn't working.

(screenshot)

• Okay, I feel rather silly now! It turns out my server host has changed their rules, that's why the capx isn't working, and it's also why the sound isn't working. I've been using their service for years without any hiccups, including for games/sound, so I wasn't expecting it to be the source of the problem. Ho hum, time to find a new host.

Thank you both for your help. If Jobel hadn't mentioned the capx not working, I probably wouldn't have figured it out!

• no worries, I could sense it was something easy... if there was a real problem/bug these boards would be lit up about it..

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)