How do I Create Platform Event to Move Left

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
Fully commented source code/event sheet & sprites to create a space shooter game
  • Hi and good day

In creating a platform event, when I select "Platform on moved", I can only create platform event to walk-right animation.

how to set to my walk-left animation? So that when I press the left arrow key, walk-left animation will appear instead of walk-right for both left and right arrow keys.

Thanks in advance for your help

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You can add an action to the sprite "Appearance" - Set Mirrored... but to be asking this question means you didn't do any of the tutorials Ashley provided because its was covered in the first one i think. You should give them a look... they are very useful.

• Perhaps a little time with the manual might help as well ?

https://www.scirra.com/manual/100/platform

Mirroring the player

It is not necessary to duplicate all your artwork for the player for facing both left and right. Instead, simply draw all the player's artwork for facing to the right, and use the Sprite object's Set mirrored action to mirror the player's image. Set the player mirrored when pressing the movement controls. An example is shown below.

• You can add an action to the sprite "Appearance" - Set Mirrored... but to be asking this question means you didn't do any of the tutorials Ashley provided because its was covered in the first one i think. You should give them a look... they are very useful.

Thanks I did the tutorial before. But in creating an event there isn't keyboard option which let us to set mirrored. All I see is "System" and all the sprites/objects.

• Perhaps a little time with the manual might help as well ?

https://www.scirra.com/manual/100/platform

Mirroring the player

It is not necessary to duplicate all your artwork for the player for facing both left and right. Instead, simply draw all the player's artwork for facing to the right, and use the Sprite object's Set mirrored action to mirror the player's image. Set the player mirrored when pressing the movement controls. An example is shown below.

Its true. however there is no "keyboard" option to set the left movement. Here is the screenshot:

• you need to add the keyboard or gamepad or whatever to your project.

on empty space double click and from the menu that will appear double click again on the keyboard icon.

wait 5 sec and then it will be available to your project

• The same is true if you design something that will utilize the mouse , you must add it as well .

• you need to add the keyboard or gamepad or whatever to your project.

on empty space double click and from the menu that will appear double click again on the keyboard icon.

wait 5 sec and then it will be available to your project

Thanks Roccinio. My mistake, I didn't add the keyboard in the first place.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)