Is the license badge optional?

0 favourites
  • 9 posts
From the Asset Store
Game rank and league badge creator mega asset pack
  • Does having the C2 License will force you to have the badge at the side of your avatar that says, "[user] owns a Construct 2 License! Hats off!", or is it something just optional to have when you got your C2 License?

• I don't think you have any control over which badges are displayed. If you registered here with a different email address to the one used to buy the licence then no badge will be shown...

• I don't think you have any control over which badges are displayed. If you registered here with a different email address to the one used to buy the licence then no badge will be shown...

I don't see a License badge on you but you have a submitted game on your signature, so you have another account that has the License Badge.

1. Give me a profile link to your other account that has the License badge.

2. Why would you need to separate account? You didn't like the name of your first one but already bought your License with that acc? What's the reason?

• Those who have purchased a license through Steam don't automatically get a badge. They can request one from Tom if they send certain details to him.

• Buy it here and you get badge. Buy it on steam you don't get badge.

I have multiple accounts here. This one has a steam license linked to it. No badge. My others brought linceses here and have badge.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • That clear things up, thanks all.

• 1. Give me a profile link to your other account that has the License badge.

2. Why would you need to separate account? You didn't like the name of your first one but already bought your License with that acc? What's the reason?

You didn't use the magic word...

Seriously, though... My old email provider had a policy change and started to want money for the privilege of using email (btinternet - thieving morons...). So I left, of course, and Tom was unwilling to transfer the licence over, for fraud prevention I guess. I'm not a fan of the whole badge thing anyway, to be honest; lurking in a forum a lot and not understanding the manual pages you've opened means what really?

• My old email provider had a policy change and started to want money for the privilege of using email (by internet - thieving morons...).

Lol, this has happened so often

I gave up and brought my own domain, and namecheap is kind enough to forward those emails to any email account I might be using at the time

Or, in my case I was lucky enough to score the free business app package with 50 users.

• DUTOIT, well played! I'm still a cheapskate.... And I was crushed by my auto spell (btinternet) lol.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)