Smart Joystick (Plugins)

0 favourites
  • 9 posts
From the Asset Store
A smart joystick plugin, perfect for all mobile games.
  • Smart Joystick — Now for sale in the Scirra Store!

https://www.scirra.com/store/construct2-plugins/smart-joystick-4351

<h3>Description</h3><div class="deshr"></div><p>The plugin allows you to easily add one or multiple joysticks on the screen. The joysticks have 3 touch events and 3 dragging modes:</p><h3>Touch events</h3><div class="deshr"></div>

• None
    • Fade: The joystick fades in when touched, and out when untouched
    • Reset Position: To use with spawn or smart dragging mode, the joystick resets back to its position when untouched. Note that fade also resets the joystick's position, but only when fully faded out.

<h3>Dragging modes</h3><div class="deshr"></div>

• Regular: Like every joystick, nothing special
    • Spawn: The joystick jumps to the touch position if in range, allowing the user to immediately drag and avoiding dragging by mistake when just tapping the stick.
    • Smart: Has the spawn ability, but also if the user drags too far, the sticks moves with the user's finger, so when the users tries to go in a different direction, he doesn't have to go all the way back. This mode is most useful for action heavy games where the user's finger is always on the stick and he doesn't pay much attention to how much he's dragging.

Use this topic to leave comments, ask questions and talk about Smart Joystick

• Hi.

Thank you for work. But can you update capx with same capx as in demo.

Im not so familiar with construct2, and in demo-capx purchased with product i can`t see how it binding with moving sprites.

I hope learn more with them.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I did not include the sprite movement exemple with the exemple because it's a very simplistic implementation, and in most cases, it won't be a good implementation. if you want the code I used, here it is:

• Heyyyy man this joystick plugin is awesome -- but I just wasted 30 minutes not understanding how to use it. You should update your Capx -- if you're making sales, obviously, if not... I'm good now. Just a bit frustrated yet relieved this is finally working.

Edit 1:

I get SmartJoystcik.[???] and can console.log the X value, but when I go to use it, it is NaN....

• What has confused you?

• How to use it's properties. When you load the CapX it does not perform like the demo does, I thought it was broken!

It has [???] for property values.

Also the type appears to be a string, so many validations fail unless I cast type int().

However, I did get this working after a few hours and it's AMAZING. Many thanks to you for saving me hours and hours and hours and hours to create one of these fantastic joysticks.

If you wanted to vastly improve this, you could do methods like (if SmartJoystick.GetJoystickDirection = "right") and so forth, or just update your Capx and maybe fix those [???]'s they are scary!

If anyone wants to see this running check out supergigadroid.com

• Thank you very much, I will take a look a soon as possible :)

• Hey friend, still enjoying this plugin! Trying to get a responsive mode to work to fit on more devices.

How can I

Every 0.5 seconds

- Move SmartJoystick X,Y

?

• I've got a nice hack that ... "works"

I can for example, delete the SmartJoystick and then Create At X,Y every 1 second.

It's gross but it solves my problem. Perhaps if you could add some function to allow for C3 Set Position, that'll help get "responsive layout" working for all the devices. My customers have spoken aha...

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)