RandomDungeonMaker â€” Now for sale in the Scirra Store!
https://www.scirra.com/store/construct2 ... maker-4143
Do you need a solution that allows you to create mazes randomly but you want the functions are executed outside the .capx (in resume, a plugin)?I have the soluction!. The RandomDungeonMaker (RDM):
What things can do my plugin?:
1.- The plugin returns an array about each cellÂ´s (Block) data (his ID, if has walls, elements, etc.), this data can be accessed by the expressions of the RDM.
2.- You can visualize the previous information with 15-25 events (including variables).
3.- Option for intersectional room games, loading only the current room in the layout, ideal for make Zelda type games.
4.- Although the RDM was created thought only for the structure of the dungeon, it has the "Tag element" system. It allows you to put a label that represents a Construct2 object and the RDM places the label in several dungeon cells. What things can I put? Enemies, chests, keys, etc. and has an option to remove the tag to avoid replicated objects (for example, take the same key or coin), that previous reference was created for intersectional room games.
5.- For Metroidvania type games, RDM stores predetermined labels to show platforms.
6.- Can load and save the object in JSON format.
7.- Three different methods for create dungeons, depending on the specific details you want.
What contains this bundle?
1.- The plugin for Construct2 and a beta version for Construct3.
2.- User guide (English and Spanish).
3.- 10+ examples for Construct2 and 4 for Construct3.
4.- A game asset in the v1.2: Dungeon Crawlers.
Version 1.1 Updates:
- Actual dungeon map in debug mode.
- Adjacent Block expressions, you can now get the id of the block above, bellow or aside of the indicated block.
- Extra and advanced creation dungeon expressions has now the parameter for generate or not the inner wall rooms.
- New parameter only for advanced creation dungeon: OpenWorld, this calls a function whose job is deleting most walls except those who are aside an empty block or a null block giving a less narrow level.\ This option is in test phase and possibly some internal functions about this process would change.
- Combo List parameters in actions doesn't works, that was fixed.
- The .c2addon was impossible to install in the alst version, now you can install the plugin dragging this file into the Construct2.
- Removed 'BORDER' and 'ROOM' options in combo parameters in 'add element' actions, this can make some bugs if you use this parameters or using the 'NONE' option, simply reconfigure the action changing the combo options and its fixed.
- A slight change about null blocks, null blocks are a type of dungeon blocks that can only get if you call an expression with an not existent Id or using coordinates out of dungeon boundaries. The Id of that block is always -1 but this is changed for to be Id = 0.
- The plugin documentation is now divided in 2 files: one contains the information about the plugin and other is the references list.
Version 1.1.1 Updates:
Added 6 new examples in Construct 2:
- Using TileMaps.
- Using 2 TileMaps (one for the background and the other for the walls) .
- Using 2 TileMaps with different tile size.
- A little example of how to fix the gap between walls of the previous examples.
- Open World mode example.
- Divided room game with TileMaps.
I made a change in all the examples and i switched the red square with a more door like image and i resize the image.
Use this topic to leave comments, ask questions and talk about RandomDungeonMaker.
Version 1.2 Updates:
This changes only applies with Construct2.
-New game asset (only for the version 1.2): Dungeon Crawlers. Instructions needed for open the source included.
-New actions: Clear dungeon (Delete from the memory the RDM object) and Revive all dungeon elements(elements deactivated during the game are activated again).
-New Expressions: AlreadyExists (Check if the RDM dungeon object exists).
-There is a minor error when you try to load the minimap in the debug mode when the RDM object is not created yet (because is the start menu layout,etc.) this error was fixed.
-Some issues when you try to use RDM Expressions without a Dungeon created yet and a error alert appear, this was fixed in some cases.
-The minimap of the debug mode, i reordered the elements displayed per block in a table.