Time for a new logo

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Create your game with this complete pack of images and animations!
  • "Gourd is to be developed using StencylWorks"

"This demonstration was developed in RPG Maker XP"

O_o

• "Gourd is to be developed using StencylWorks"

"This demonstration was developed in RPG Maker XP"

O_o

*snorts tea through nostrils*

• Oh dear. Not exactly useful is it? Perhaps we could persuade them to try using Construct?

• > I don't think it looks that much like our logo. Cogs seem to be a common metaphor in software like this.

>

Yes, specifically cogs shaped like the letter C. Grumble Stencyl grumble.

Just stumbled across this.

and the author's reply to a comment there is pretty funny.

Oh dear. Not exactly useful is it? Perhaps we could persuade them to try using Construct?

From the authors reply in the utube post, I have a feeling that its users aren't going to be to open to that Sslaxx. Blame that on the years of closed beta I guess. All I know is that it better be pretty dam good, or the natives may revolt.

• Just stumbled across this.

and the author's reply to a comment there is pretty funny.

Lol, I just read the description:

[quote:8qd7v8nt]The main character was originally planned to be a flying pumpkin, but I don't yet have a decent way to make him float

Apparently there isn't a "Make character fly" button in Stencyl. Poor guy

• Since we're on Stencyl, I haven't seen any screenshots or further details since they started private beta. Any sleuths out there who can track down some details? Who knows, it might actually be good.

• Since we're on Stencyl, I haven't seen any screenshots or further details since they started private beta. Any sleuths out there who can track down some details? Who knows, it might actually be good.

From what I've seen/heard, the runtime sucks compared to construct. I haven't found any info on the IDE or scripting system yet.

Here's a video of a more complete game.

IMO Stencyl pales in comparision to Construct from what I've seen so far.

• Still, it's better than Game Editor's logo... just.

• In that video his frame rate is constantly below 60 also his animations suck.....

• In that video his frame rate is constantly below 60 also his animations suck.....

The low fps could be to do with him capturing video, that often slows things down (unless they use Camtasia which is awesome and doesn't slow anything down hehe).

Hey, no need to be offensive about someone's work just because they're using a potentially competing program. Surely how good your animations are doesn't depend on the tool you use?

I may not agree with the philosophy behind Stencyl, but hey, it's a free world and each to their own. I want to make sure these forums are always a friendly place (which sadly seems quite rare on the internet) - ideally someone from Stencyl, Game maker and such could drop in with a few posts without being shouted down.

• > In that video his frame rate is constantly below 60 also his animations suck.....

>

Hey, no need to be offensive about someone's work just because they're using a potentially competing program. Surely how good your animations are doesn't depend on the tool you use?

I may not agree with the philosophy behind Stencyl, but hey, it's a free world and each to their own. I want to make sure these forums are always a friendly place (which sadly seems quite rare on the internet) - ideally someone from Stencyl, Game maker and such could drop in with a few posts without being shouted down.

Better than some of the competition, then.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Stencyl started a "closed beta" program around the end of October (invite only). I'm not sure how many people are using it now but from what they same it seems to be easier to learn than Gamemaker.

Who knows when the general public will be allowed to download it. They still refuse to show screenshots of the editor, and I guess they're not even allowed to talk about the editor in any detail.

• Stencyl started a "closed beta" program around the end of October (invite only). I'm not sure how many people are using it now but from what they same it seems to be easier to learn than Gamemaker.

Who knows when the general public will be allowed to download it. They still refuse to show screenshots of the editor, and I guess they're not even allowed to talk about the editor in any detail.

Eeek, so even now there really is no proof that it exists.

I found a few screenshots of the editor on google images. I dunno how old they are, or if they're official or what.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)