Hey CROS, I have a few questions for you, since I really like the idea of something like this.
1) Are you imposing rules on what kind of achievements a game can include? If so, why and what?
2) Will our games be tied to some system on your site like steam or live, requiring a player to sign up just to be able to play it, or can they continue to download it from anywhere, play it, and if they choose they can later sign up for an account and play through again to get achievements?
3) Further to the above question. What do you have in place to handle issues caused by someone either playing the game offline, playing the game without creating an account to hold achievements, or intentionally wishing to avoid signing up for whatever reason.
Website specific question
4) Is this a free service, or bloated with ads or are you charging game makers?
5) What does the process involve? For example, a game maker would sign up, then create a "game account" add their achievements, and then somehow link up the plugin to those?
6) Are the achievements shown on the site following a uniform appearance (like Steam and Live do with theirs), or are you allowing games to provide their own styles. By this I mean I know the actual icon (using the above mentioned examples) are always specific to the game and achievement, but do you still have some guidelines that need to be followed, if so what are they?
In game specific question
7) Will this service result in forced branding on games?
8) How deeply does your achievement system impact a game? Does it sit quietly in the background within the game, accepting input only when required and uploading it to the site. Or will it need to be added to the game at the ground level and integrated with everything from the start?
9) If your plugin requires very deep inclusion with the game, how well does it play with possible future achievement plugins from elsewhere? Some game makers may wish to link up to a number of sites for whatever reason (including their own perhaps), how will yours effect this or wont it cause any problems?
10) Is your plugin tied to Game Jolt, or can it be used, like with the above example, for the creators personal site too, for example if the creator decides to have a page displaying the overall number of players who got each achievement on their own site (without requiring them to have anyone sign up, just have it updated automatically), while also using the plugin to update more specific player accounts on Game Jolt (as well as I imagine an overall page there too).
11) Are there any limits to the achievement plugin, or does it accept variables (and thus practically anything you wish to throw at it)?
12) Are you insisting on a specific "achievement unlocked" icon/image to be used in game, if so why, what, and what's it look like? Otherwise I take it we can have our achievement unlocked icons/borders etc. look however we want (in game)? But will you also be providing a selection of usable image files, for users who either can't or wont create their own, to at least provide a base level of quality?