to separate lyrics from background music

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
6 looping tracks to use in your games and projects. These tracks are in the style of the 1960s detective movie genre.
  • Hi there. I was wondering about a week can we really separate an audio into 2 audio. I mean I want a voice of an actor for my character voice but the background music is really pathetics. Hate that thing. I hope someone more expireince in audio editing may have the solutions. Thanks Scirra

• Audio files are like a food recipe. If you bake a cake, and then try to get all the egg out after it's cooked, it's not going to work.

If you can find an instrumental (song without vocals) track and an acapella (vocals only) track, you can play the two together while still having them as two seperate files. Or if you personally know the person who produced the recording, they could make an instrumental and acapella for you. But you can't just get an .mp3 with vocals and instrumental and try to separate the two, without both ending up as a horrible mess.

Source: Have been producing music for 6+ years

• Audio files are like a food recipe. If you bake a cake, and then try to get all the egg out after it's cooked, it's not going to work.

If you can find an instrumental (song without vocals) track and an acapella (vocals only) track, you can play the two together while still having them as two seperate files. Or if you personally know the person who produced the recording, they could make an instrumental and acapella for you. But you can't just get an .mp3 with vocals and instrumental and try to separate the two, without both ending up as a horrible mess.

Source: Have been producing music for 6+ years

Well I guess that`s make sense . SO you have producing music for 6 years . Do you know what is the thing we call that can change human voice sound or tune or melody , sorry i dunno what is it but like when you fast foward the voice gonna be like chipsmuck and in a game of "There is no game in our scirra arcade has a voice that kinda funny.. How they make that ?

But for fastfoward voice , I want the voice sounds like fastforward but just no fastforward. I have Free Audio Editor with me.. Please help me bro.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • So you want a voice that sounds chipmunked, but is still at a normal pace?

That's called Pitch Shifting. You can use pitch correction software to do that like Autotune. I personally use a similar program called Melodyne. Or, if you're on a budget and don't need it to be too professional, you can easily use the "change pitch" setting in the free program Audacity.

Hope that helps.

• Well thank you so much man.. I really want to be a sound designer too.. Maybe I will need your help in the future .. Thanks again.. We`ll keep in touch soon ok : )

• All the best, mate

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)