Platform animation

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Ninja char for your game! Make your own Shinobi game with this art.
  • I am starting to get platforms and animation but need some guidance

* How do you Make my guy stop running animation (stand) after I move?

* How do I make him run to the Left?

*in the Conditions: what does the "Ceiling Just Above" Mean?

http://www.box.net/shared/vz31ygrabc

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • * How do you Make my guy stop running animation (stand) after I move?

* How do I make him run to the Left?

You need to have events that detect which direction the player is moving. Either use Mouse&Keyboard conditions to find out which keys the player is pressing (or not pressing), or use the Platform behavior's VectorX expression to find out how fast he's moving.

I know you're waiting for my new Platform School tutorials to come out, but if you go through the old ones with v0.98.9 then they explain this sort of basic stuff. That much hasn't changed since v0.98.9.

*in the Conditions: what does the "Ceiling Just Above" Mean?

It means the same thing as "Has wall to left/right" or "Is on ground." In other words, it means there is a solid object touching the top of the player sprite.

One more thing: Either you need to use a separate collision object that you set your player sprite to, or you need to change the sprite's custom mask in the image editor. If you leave it like this then you will run into problems with Per Pixel collision. Again, my tutorials go into detail on this, you should really check them out. I hope to have the new ones out soon though.

• Thank you

I will try and work that out. Your PFS 1 does not handle facing left if you walk in that direction. Possible update to the new tutorial?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)