Effects on Particles

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Particles support animations, collisions, effects and etc.
  • I'm having trouble with a special effect with particles and shaders. When you apply something like Distort to a Particles Object then put on something like Tint Plus or Flame or anything like that, instead of having particles that have kind of a colored distortion to them, it does the distort then it draws a large box of the next effect (Tint Plus, Flame, etc.) that always expands/moves to cover all the particles. It covers all the space around them too in this big colored box. This is a big problem for me. I want particles that can use a distort-like effect and color the effect (rather than a clear distort, magnify, etc.).

I was wondering if there's a way to have a large colored sprite (or tiled background) or something behind the particles that will only be shown in the spots where the particles are. I'm not sure how to do this or if it would look right, but I really don't want a lack of color to ruin my special effect. Does anyone know how to make this whole thing work?

• Would you mind posting a .cap showing what you're trying to do? I'm interested to see if I can get it to work.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I was wondering if there's a way to have a large colored sprite (or tiled background) or something behind the particles that will only be shown in the spots where the particles are. I'm not sure how to do this or if it would look right, but I really don't want a lack of color to ruin my special effect. Does anyone know how to make this whole thing work?

My example is probably not exactly what you are looking for, but basically it is possible. Maybe the cap gives you a starting point for it. It was created to demonstrate something else, I'm not sure if I cleared it completely from the rest.

Here is a picture of what it does:

And here is the link (cap saved under 0.99.62):

http://www.mediafire.com/file/mki2kbqtgtj/examplecoloredparticles.cap

• Okay, imagine this:

Tiledbackground, O is particle or sprite

=================================

|

| O

| O O

|

|=================================|

So there's an object covering the screen which is completely hidden EXCEPT in areas that are covered by the particles (or overlapped, whatever). So the tiledbackground image is effectively a background behind each particle because it only shows in spots where the particles (or sprites) are, but still covers a much larger area even though you can't see it.

• So there's an object covering the screen which is completely hidden EXCEPT in areas that are covered by the particles (or overlapped, whatever). So the tiledbackground image is effectively a background behind each particle because it only shows in spots where the particles (or sprites) are, but still covers a much larger area even though you can't see it.

But that is exactly what the cap does, unless I miss an important info...just get rid of the text layer, and the tb is only shown where the particles are and nowhere else while covering a greater area...You should give it another try

• Oh, sorry. I looked at the .cap but must've understood how it worked. Thanks, Tulamide.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)