[On Hold] Fire Emblem / Advance Wars-like game

2 favourites
From the Asset Store
Source file (commented event sheets), art and all music included and 100% royalty free.
  • iS there any morale system that affecting units? For example if an unit surrounded by enemies that unit will likely to drop his guard or loosing focus so he can't attack properly.

Hi alextro, yeah not yet, I could implement something like that if a unit gets kind of demotivated they'll move on their own away from the enemies (fear) or if they're motivated they do more damage and are more accurate! Its a good idea and made me think of the XCom games if you know what I mean :)

• I'm still working on the game, I've made the first 2 maps and they are playable (seem, hopefully no bugs)!

Also added now a Skeleton sub-boss type unit!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Work in progress on the third map in my game, the inside of a small castle. This will be a strategic battle with plenty of narrow corridors to create choke holds with knights and archers. I might also add a healing unit to the game soon, I realized the only way to heal is currently on towns or castles, so inside there are no rest tiles...

Subscribe to Construct videos now

Edit:

Still working on the castle, and I thought I'd show off another unit I've added, a healer! She restores any unit's HP to the full 10! Very valuable unit that player's will want to protect and utilize every turn.

• I've been reworking the movement of units, the UI and AI of enemies.

- First, units now can move and even reposition as much as they'd like. This allows for some nice 'swapping' if the player wants a certain formation before the enemy turn.

- Second, the UI that would appear after a unit is selected / moved has been removed. Units no longer "wait" (and become grayed out) or "cancel" back to their origin X/Y position. The player must now use the only UI button available and end turn. The turn will still automatically end if all player units move and/or attack something, however.

- Third and finally, I've added 'zones' for the enemy units. I realized a lot of enemy units that start further away on the map often would just hold their ground, and do nothing. Now I've made these distant enemies totally inactive on the enemy phase, skipping the calculations of where they should move and what they should attack. They only become active once one of the player's units has crossed over a zone's threshold. This really speeds up the enemy phase significantly.

• Working on map 4, and added a new rusher type unit, the Imp. They can move 6 tiles, have a 1/3 chance to crit (might change this later), but don't do too much damage and have next to no defense.

• Map 5 is nearly complete! It is dark dungeon with many corridors, enemies hiding in the shadows. Since the player's units cannot see very far, I decided to make their movement range also lowered a bit (you cannot walk where you cannot see so to say).

At the end of the cave dungeon, there is also a new kind of boss, a demon with a big cleaver sword!

• Good job putting my examples to good use. I must have been in some sort of coding trance when I made those because now they all feel so alien to me !

Keep up the good work !

• Magistross I need to give you a million thanks for making this dream come true!! Essentially this was really my only issue to ever even think about building a game like this, I am honestly terrible at math and creating advanced arrays like your examples. I did modify it heavily by now, even added some custom rules, but the base remains exactly like your example. Thanks again!! :D

• Still working on map 6, the exit of the cave which is map 5. I added a Pyromancer, she lights up the enemies in a great fireball magic spell!

Some notes also on the game: I thought about it and when I make many more maps and get closer to a release, I'll probably go back and rebalance everything. I'm not too happy with units that can just 1 shot other units, I think (unless its a critical attack) units should have a little more suriviability.

• Been working on (only) a bunch of maps, no unit placement just the maps themselves. Have 9 completed total now, here are some of the most recent ones:

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)