2 things: Proper If/Then, and dymanic object collections

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
2D graphics of betta fish collections. Get it now!
  • haha guys, ya, I do have some waits under my first condition, because it's an "intro" set of animations that play to sort of show the player the beginning story plot. So it's probably the waits that cause any later empty conditions blocks to just execute in parallel instead of "waiting" for the entire first condition to finish.

It's ok, just have to learn a different way of thinking.

• haha guys, ya, I do have some waits under my first condition, because it's an "intro" set of animations that play to sort of show the player the beginning story plot. So it's probably the waits that cause any later empty conditions blocks to just execute in parallel instead of "waiting" for the entire first condition to finish.

It's ok, just have to learn a different way of thinking.

im sure there are more proper ways of doing it then what I will suggest, but you could create animated sequences with timers (global vars, set time, every tick change time, or base it on current time, etc), and ignore the waits. It would have the same result, slightly more work but without the confusion/issues of wait.

• Ya, it's probably because wait doesn't act exactly like a "wait here entirely" - its more like "wait here in this chain of events" - allowing other events to continue. I actually thought about what you mention, to instead have a global variable tracking time and react to that.

Thanks all, just have to understand better how things fit together

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Should use the timer behaviour. If you want to spend time.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)