How do I make objects fall?

1 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Be careful and guide your animal safely to the grounds.
  • Hi there, I am trying to create a sub-game within my game. I would like objects to fall from the sky when the player comes into contact with a bin which will then be used to catch those objects. These objects falling will only last 20 seconds or so then it will stop. I have attached the bullet behavior to the objects but don't really know where to go from here.

Any suggestions?

• You could give them the platform behavior and turn off controls. Then you can easily control their speed of fall. Just turn on and off the behavior when you want them to fall. (might not be best way to do this)

Aaron

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Here's a rough example of one way to accomplish this:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/163 ... jects.capx

• Hi there, I am trying to create a sub-game within my game. I would like objects to fall from the sky when the player comes into contact with a bin which will then be used to catch those objects. These objects falling will only last 20 seconds or so then it will stop. I have attached the bullet behavior to the objects but don't really know where to go from here.

Any suggestions?

Using bullet behavior will make them move forward, which is defaulted to the right (I believe, when creating a new sprite it's angle is 0 which is to the right). So you can just change the angle to 90 but bullet behavior is really only necessary if they are moving fast. You can use platform behavior or physics behavior. If using platform behavior be sure to turn of "default controls" in the settings (or else the player will control them). If using physics behavior the objects will bounce off other physics objects. But beware with physics objects if you use a ton it will slow down.

You could even not use a behavior and make an event that moves the objects down every tick, or something similar. Can put that event in a group and disable it when minigame not in use.

So many options . . .

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)