How do I Create Faster and Smoother Auto Platform Movement?

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Fully commented source code/event sheet & sprites to create a space shooter game
  • Delta-time

Check this out, mate

• Repost, Ignore.

• Repost. Ignore

• Repost. Ignore

(God this site is buggy on tablets)

And yes ...

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Delta-time

https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/67/del ... dependence Check this out, mate

Got it, so in order to move x-5 i need to input -300*dt

Gonna implement and test it

Thanks

• Btw, I still dont get it

If I use platform behaviour and for moving i use dt, will the dt's "magic" affect the framerate?

• Just some things to note about your screen shot.. It looks like your sprites are giant. Your background is one image and your terrain is one image (from the looks of it). I found on mobile larges sprites are death. See about tiling into smaller objects if you can. There is goldilocks zone of using small sprites vs too many sprites on screen you want to keep for optimal performance.

• Just some things to note about your screen shot.. It looks like your sprites are giant. Your background is one image and your terrain is one image (from the looks of it). I found on mobile larges sprites are death. See about tiling into smaller objects if you can. There is goldilocks zone of using small sprites vs too many sprites on screen you want to keep for optimal performance.

My base line is 1280x720

Yes, the background and the floor is one big sprite

So it's better to cut down the big background into 4 or 5 sprite?

If so, doesn't it make the perfomance become worse since it need to move 4 or 5 sprite only for background, isn't it?

Edit-

Oh I got it, tiling!

I'll try to do it

• If possible the background sprite should be a repeating pattern and then use the tiled back ground sprite to place it for optimal performance. Its about the amount of work the render has do. Not really about moving objects but determining what has to be redrawn.

This should help explain it better.

https://www.scirra.com/manual/134/performance-tips

• Any one has idea how to tile that background?

I got it from kenney asset pack, the tappyplane pack

I resized them via Adobe Illustrator to 720p size, so it will fit my layout better

Btw, I saw Ashley's tutorial for platform game, he use big background but the performance is very good, I wonder why

Also I wonder, does the ammount of object created affect the performance since every 1 second, 2 new object created to stimulate the rock effect

• bump my last question

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)