In February 2015
The features listed here are only the "highlighted" features for each release. Check each release page to see the complete changelog and comments for each version)
Be sure to keep updated to the
most recent release of Construct 2
If you think you have found a bug in Construct 2 you can report it in this forum BUT
- Make sure it is not already a reported bug by searching through the "Bugs" forum
- Make sure it is not a bug in your events, a difference between what you have coded and what you would expect
- Make sure you're using the very latest version of Construct 2 (beta possibly, stable if this is the very latest release available)
- Attach a .capx of the issue in the simplest manner possible (no 100+ events capx, no 10 mb capx)
- Make sure to read How to report bugs before posting and providing all the required informations (your configuration, the steps to use to reproduce the bug, any relevant information you can provide)
It is really important since about 50% of reports aren't bugs which takes time out of working on Construct2 directly.
Be responsible, help everybody by making sure it's not your events in cause first.
Third part addons
- Build a game challenge - An article in which Tom let's you know about a challenge Scirra is running to celebrate the possibility to export to the Amazon Appstore thanks to Construct 2 and let's you win vouchers for Scirra's online store.
- Answer your own performance questions with measurements - An article in which Ashley gives clues on how to best get answers to the various "what is best for performances option A or option B ?" questions in our forums and that is to measure yourself the performances for those and this article gives clues on how to do so.
- Time to move towards secure hosting - An article in which Ashley indicates some of the latest securing movements over the web that occurred lately, possibly leading to a need for web hosted content to be served in the future through https (secured http)/http2 protocols.
As an added bonus, here is a list of the former "What you may have missed" posts for the year.
See you next month.