R186 Problem!. Error running a layout

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Use this game pack to create your own game, modify the existing game or simply take a look and see how it was made.
  • Getting the same message, i was kinda desperate thinking it was my project being messed up!

---------------------------

Construct 2 Check failure

Check failure! This is probably a bug:

Unknown IParameter type

Condition: false

File: DataJSON.cpp

Line: 2145

Function: void __cdecl Exporter::ParameterToJSON(class std::basic_ostringstream<wchar_t,struct std::char_traits<wchar_t>,class std::allocator<wchar_t> > &,class era::IParameter *,int)

Build: release 186 (64-bit) checked

Component: HTML5 exporter

(Last Win32 error: 0)

You are using a 'checked' release of Construct 2, intended for testing, which causes certain errors to be reported this way. Hit Ctrl+C to copy this messagebox - it's useful information for the developers, so please include it with any bug reports! Click 'Abort' to quit (unsaved data will be lost!),'Retry' to turn off messages for this session and continue, or 'Ignore' to continue normally.

Interrompi Riprova Ignora

• Same problem - and no complaints!!

• Thanks for the quick fix!

• Yeah same problem, but as is always the case Ashley will fix it pronto.

Always remember to make backup before opening in latest beta, this is the nature of beta testing !!

• Hello, I'm having the same error on my game becauses I updated to R186...

• Yeah same problem, but as is always the case Ashley will fix it pronto.

Always remember to make backup before opening in latest beta, this is the nature of beta testing !!

That's a good point, but having backup is only one thing working in construct2 is so effective that in most cases it does not make much sense to work on the dated backup anymore if you've worked the idea further on a working beta release.

For example, I have been doing 10-15 hour days on the game, so reverting back to r184 does not make any sense (losing 9 days of work, around 100 hours.. that version of my game project is missing so much of the features that it would be pointless to try to remember reworking everything on it). Now I just have to focus working on the graphical assets and hope this thing gets fixed really soon or that they put beta r187 that's actually the old 185 for us poor steam users, who didn't think about this happening :/ The bright side is that now I know I have to make sure I buy traditional desktop version license key when I buy the business upgrade next year, since testing beta releases on steam puts your project just on too much of a risk

• striimix, yeah, I work simikar hours also, we are hooked! - but that is why backups are essential!

What I do as a matter of habit is make a backup at least every day, and always after major changes.

And ALWAYS before opening in new version of C2. That way you are covered when things go wrong, as they often can in beta releases.

Don't forget you have the auto save files as well.

But rest assured Ashley always fixes things pronto. Happy coding.

• Yep, having the same problems - something is seriously broken in this version.

• Apparently Ashley fixed this now.

• Closing as fixed in r186.2.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thank you Ashley

• volkiller730 solution here-->https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/442/how-to-revert-your-project-to-an-earlier-version-of-construct-2 or even better download R186.2 from scirra beta update.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)