dop2000's Forum Posts

  • I think you should leave the default color white. When you change it to red, it basically adds a red tint to the object. I believe it's the same as applying the Multiply effect.

    To fill the canvas with red color use "Clear canvas" action.

    And yes, you need to use rgba255() expression for 0-255 values.

  • If your function is set to return a value, you can't call it directly, only from an expression: Functions.FunctionName(parameters)

    If it doesn't return a value, you should be able to call it with an action: add a new action -> Functions -> FunctionName

  • I don't think it will be too difficult to add some text editing features to the blinking cursor demo, such as:

    • Handling Delete/Backspace/Enter keys
    • Moving the cursor with arrow keys (at least left and right)
    • Changing the cursor position with a mouse click (if it isn't too distorted)

    Text highlighting however is a lot more complex, I wouldn't bother with that.

  • Can you share your project?

  • Try Construct 3

    Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

    Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I think the real goal here is to feed this into an AI, so it can generate native Construct 3 code.

  • Turret should rotate and fire. There's probably a mistake in your code.

  • OP told me that he's making a block puzzle game, similar to this:

    So the simplest solution is to loop through each unoccupied cell on the grid and try placing the shape there, checking if it overlaps with any occupied cells.

  • You can definitely copy or drag events between groups. If you have local variables used in the events, you might need to create the same variables in the destination group before copying.

  • I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be looking at in your screenshots. What exactly should be transparent? And what do you mean by "it no longer works correctly"? If possible, could you share a demo project?

  • So you need the condition to check that the variable is any number except for 2, 3 or 4, is this correct?

    (variable<>2 & variable<>3 & variable<>4)=1

    • In a sprite with multiple animations, changes to image points and collision polygons sometimes are not saved. I think this happens more often after adding/importing new animations, but I couldn't reliably reproduce this bug.
  • Hard to help you without the project file. Make sure the UI layer has parallax and scale rate set to 0.

  • Save these values to an array or dictionary. For example:

    On every tick
     Dictionary Set key "Tick_"&tickcount to Player.x
    
  • Here are some changes:

    There are 3 variables to control the spinning, you don't actually need any of them!

    Make sure to use delta-time (dt) when changing anything on every tick, like the animation speed.

    I don't understand what events 45-46 are supposed to do, so I can't tell you how to fix them.

  • Nope, no disadvantages!