pandabear7413's Forum Posts

  • Tom can you confirm if this works with gifted memberships? I gifted my test account a membership but the metadata is just showing 'free' trier entitlements:

  • Hi Tom -- Yes, is this the update you're referring to? It's helpful indeed.

  • Try Construct 3

    Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

    Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thanks Tom for confirming, I was able to make some headway using the REST API. Did you release that update, and where would I find it? It would be great to have an example project that shows how to use the metadata object.

  • Can Tom or anyone else confirm if Construct Game Services (CGS) with Patreon is working for them? I'm able to authenticate with Patreon and the PlayerID and PlayerName are correct, but the rest of the Patreon data is empty. The ConstructGameServices.Patreon*** expressions are not documented nor are they in any of the examples.

    Thanks

  • This is the tool I’m building to help me keep track of it, so it's easy to see from where a function is being called and what other functions this function calls.

    Nice, keep us posted on your progress. I don't use nested functions but I can definitely benefit from a tool that lists all functions in my project alphabetically.

  • Great feedback guys, I need to try some of these approaches. I know the AI coding topic is still pretty controversial but I believe it's a great tool and soon everyone will be using it in some way to create better code/games.

  • What are folks using for AI and how are you using it in your dev process?

    I rarely use AI for C3, but I recently needed to implement some complex logic and I found ChatGPT to be helpful. But after a while it started hallucinating, so I tried Claude and had even more success. It's good to have a helper like Claude for complex code.

    For both, they gave me the C3 event pseudocode and I had to enter the C3 events manually. They both understood the js I copy/pasted from C3 into the chat, and they both generated js when asked, but when I tried to paste that code into C3 I got errors.

    What are folks using for AI, and how are you using it? Is anyone having success with something like CODEX that's integrated with your codebase? Have you fed it your entire project, or just snippets? Are you able to have the tools generate the js for you to paste into C3? What's working for you?

    Thanks

  • Thanks but I should have clarified that I don't want to use looping animations. This code is a fragment from a function that changes the animation once an existing one completes. It also changes the animation speed at that time (different from the animation speed set in the animation editor).

    So my question still stands. Why does C3 work this way, and why do I need to use Wait(0) at all? Seems like when an animation ends, I should be able to set a new animation AND set its speed at that time.

  • Can someone please help me understand what C3 is doing here and why it works the way it does?

    With this code, animationSpeed is only set properly in the 3rd scenario. The first 2 scenarios set the animation properly, but use the default speed vs the 60 I set in the code. Why?

    Also, wait(0) feels like a hack. Is there a better/proper way to do what I want without using wait(0)?

    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Jkd0pM4u2OmluelqqqGsBMBBLliBEzzg/view?usp=drive_link

  • Agreeing with winkr7 and dop2000 here. I'm noticing how many thumbs-downs they're getting, even though historically they're 2 of the most helpful members in this community.

    Seems funny that C3 devs slam on AI because it 'makes coding easier'. Isn't that what C3 does?? If you want to be puritanical about game development, why aren't you building your game in straight JavaScript? Or assembly language??

    AI is a tool, and I don't see it replacing devs. Instead, it will allow devs to make better games, and faster.

    The OP is spot on - C3 can really benefit from AI, and the fact that C3 isn't AI-friendly is going to turn devs away from C3 to other engines. I used ChatGPT yesterday to help with some new music-playing logic for C3, and while it had great suggestions, it hallucinated several times. I would love if I could feed my whole project to ChatGPT and ask it how I can improve my savegame system. That way I can focus on making fun stuff for my game, vs messing with the spaghetti I've 'engineered' over the years to save games.

    Ashley - Would love to get your thoughts here.

  • Thanks rozpustelnik! I found your bug report, thanks for doing that. Been having this issue for years but it's only now becoming an issue for my players.

  • I’m seeing a consistent keyboard focus issue with **Construct 3 → WebView2 export**.

    **Reproduce:**

    1. Launch the WebView2 build.

    2. Keyboard input works normally.

    3. Click outside the app window *or* Alt+Tab to another window.

    4. Alt+Tab back to the app.

    **Result:**

    The app regains window focus, but **keyboard input no longer works** until the user clicks inside the game window with the mouse.

    **Expected:**

    Keyboard input should resume automatically when the app regains focus via Alt+Tab.

    This does not appear to be an event-sheet issue. It feels like the embedded WebView2 content isn’t regaining keyboard/DOM focus when the window is re-activated, so Construct never re-enables keyboard input.

    **Questions:**

    * Is this a known limitation/bug of the WebView2 export?

    * Is there a recommended workaround (forcing focus back to the WebView, JS injection, or template change)?

    * Has anyone found a reliable fix without requiring a mouse click?

    Tested on latest C3 stable + latest WebView2 runtime.

    Thanks

  • Windows 10

    Chrome 142.0.7444.176

    Same experience with standalone C3 editor

    The C3 editor operates slowly when working with large projects. Most editor functions are much slower than normal. E.g., opening the animation editor, moving views/tabs, adding events, entering conditions/actions into events, etc. But if I edit a small project, such as one of the example projects available with C3, the editor speed/performance is normal.

    The performance doesn’t seem to affect other open C3 editor tabs. In other words, if I have 2 C3 Editors open in 2 separate Chrome tabs, and one has a large project open and the other has a small project open, the editor for the small project will still operate at normal speed, and the editor for the large project will operate slowly.

    This issue started about 2 weeks ago. My project size hasn’t changed much, in fact it got smaller since I deleted a bunch of unused sprites. The Chrome tab shows 1.8 gb, but the total filesize in my project folder is only 300mb (lots of images). I have less than 10 tabs open in the editor (i.e., event sheets, layouts, etc).

    I want to ask if anyone else has had a similar experience, since I can't upload my entire project and submit this as a bug. Since this just started happening, I'm wondering if it's an issue with a new Chrome build.

    Note: Performance with MS Edge is definitely faster, but large projects still are a little slower than small projects.

    Thanks

  • DiegoM Sorry, here's the public file

  • FYI this is what I mean by 'order', see how the frames are not in the correct numerical 1-5 order, even though the file names are *01-*05.