dop2000's Forum Posts

  • What else do you need?

    Try reading (not skimming) the original post.

  • Oh yeah? If I search for "array" in the examples, I get 65 matches — and none of them immediately answer a basic question like "how do I find a specific number in an array?"

    And many beginners don’t even know the examples exist.

    I'm old-school - if I have a question, I check the documentation and Google. Five years ago beginners learned from YouTube tutorials. These days, people use AI - half the forum posts now start with "I asked ChatGPT first but…"

    That's the new reality. Like it or not.

  • Nobody is saying AI should make entire games for you. Other engines are integrating AI because it can genuinely help with game development - assist with complex code, automate repetitive tasks, answer engine-specific questions.

    This is especially important for new users. In GDevelop, I can tell their AI what kind of game I want to make, and it will pre-build a project, explain the next steps, and answer my silly questions.

    If I'm a C3 newbie, my options are to Google everything myself or post on the forum and wait 2 days for someone to reply.

  • You can use the body sprite as the main character object, and attach all other parts to it with hierarchy (in the layout editor).

  • You may not like it, but AI is here to stay. Those who don't use it will be left behind.

    I completely agree. I understand why everyone hate it, but protesting AI is like denying climate change - pointless. It's already here, deal with it and adapt.

  • What browser do you use to run Construct? Does your controller work on this page?

    For stick movement you need to use "compare axis" condition, or Gamepad.Axis expresssion. See this demo.

  • If you want to duplicate the dragged sprite, you can just create a copy of the sprite in the slot.

    Another option is to use an invisible sprite for dragging, and you can attach anything to it with hierarchy or Pin behavior.

  • You can multiply the score by 1000 before submitting. And then divide by 1000 when displaying.

  • That seems like a poor data organization to me - why do you have so many instance variables on the array? Why don't you store these values in the same or a in different array, or in a dictionary?

    Anyway, you can copy these values to a dictionary and save the dictionary in Local Storage. When loading - copy them back from the dictionary to instance variables.

  • Try Construct 3

    Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

    Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • In the last condition you want to pick the Turrets instance.

  • Could it be a type mismatch? Say, the instance variable is a number, and the "id" in JSON is a string?

  • If you see memory usage increasing over time while the game is idle - it's a memory leak.

    But 100 MB for images should not crash a phone. I’ve made many mobile games in the past that used 300–500 MB for images, back when most budget phones only had 1–2 GB of RAM, and they ran just fine.

    Collect the LogCat log of the crash, you should be able to see what caused it.

  • You do not have permission to view this post

  • Do you see that images only use 100 MB in the debugger? That's very modest memory usage, it should not crash a phone with 4GB of RAM. The issue must be with something else. Try collecting LogCat logs.

    If you need all cards (20 animations with 180 frames each) to be available on the same layout, then you’re right: splitting them into separate sprites won’t help.

    The only real option (if the art style allows it) is to break each card into smaller pieces — for example, a shared border/background sprite used by all cards, plus a smaller unique image for each card.

  • Each animation contains 100-200 frames, and these are the same 105x131 images.

    Just to clarify - the size is the same, but the images are different in each animation, right?

    A quick test shows that 1000 frames with that resolution use about 80-85 MB in memory. So your game should probably run fine, even on mobile. But I would try to reduce the number of frames in animations, 200 frames feels like a lot.