alastair's Forum Posts

  • When making a fullscreen game, would be wise to have a size of something like 1024�768 as the standard resolution of the game? Since most people seem to use that size or larger, however then the game will appear stretched for widescreen users, do you think it matters? Or should there be an option to change the resolution of the game so that it fits nicely on most monitors?

  • If I delete the leg (calf) it will disappear and the foot (that was attached to that limb) will just stop when the leg is deleted. But everything else continues normally.

    That is what happens!

  • I think a great feature to introduce to the bone movement would be a REMOVE bone feature. This button could allow you to remove a bone, it would fit nicely along side the ADD bone feature.

    Currently there is no way to actually remove a bone, meaning that once you've placed a bone, then your stuck with it for life. Disaster!

  • daily click

  • Can't you just use a sprite? They have behaviours, and you can load the canvas image to a sprite. I think.

  • That file isn't working xiao, btw.

  • pretty intense jetpack action! I wasn't able to last too long though

  • I don't know, I can see that it's saving me a hassle. I guess it might be different for other people. But it was maybe three days of work or so to create the level editor and now I don't have to worry about it, so... yeah. Make one or don't, I guess.

    Yeah I see what you mean, I'm just not sure if I should use one as construct can just import event sheets anyway.

  • Try Construct 3

    Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

    Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • lol yeah I guess, was a little unsatisfying way to finish the game. I had to look up what the story meant to really understand it, made a lot of sense after that.

  • That was a great game, the story was extremely clever.

  • I hope the new site will have a donate button too!

  • What would a bad/good amount of vram usage be, for a higher resolution game?

  • Thanks for the feedback, guys.

    If anyone actually is interested in the source, here's an improved, stripped-down version that I just cleaned up for a little project I started tonight. This time it uses families for positioning the 3D boxes, so adding new walls is much less of a hassle.

    http://phenex.googlepages.com/loz03.cap

    The transparency in those statue head things went weird for me?

  • While I Think that the preview window would be awesome, I'd like to see the ability to duplicate an animation or be able to copy/paste frames.

  • That "Lesson Eight - Intermediate Enemy AI" was really useful, was quite easy to understand and made me realise a few things I didn't know about construct.