My First solo developed game using construct 3

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
With this template you will learn how to use the GooglePlay Games native plugin
  • Hi all,

I'm thrilled to share that I finally managed to release my solo-developed game, "Incessant." Your unwavering support and guidance that I've received over the months have been instrumental in bringing this project to life.

I hope you all get the opportunity to play it. Thank you once again for being an integral part of this journey.

Game Link:

apps.apple.com/us/app/incessant/id6452398808

• Looks great game!

BTW, in the future I also want to upload my games on the AppStore. But I'm confused about whether to make my game paid or with advertising (admob).

I see your game is paid, can you share your experience? Do users prefer paid or free games? And may I know, how many total game downloaders did you have from the first time you uploaded the game?

• Hey, thanks for taking the time to check out my game!

When it comes to releasing games, there's no one-size-fits-all answer, but for mobile platforms, especially with the intense competition, I'd recommend considering a free-to-play model with ads or in-app purchases.

While I opted for a premium release with "Incessant," I must admit, if I were to do it again, I'd likely explore the free-to-play approach given the current market dynamics.

Interestingly, right after the release, I was not that happy about the game's performance revenue-wise. As such, I engaged in a discussion on Reddit seeking feedback. It was quite an eye-opener and, in hindsight, a valuable learning experience.

If you're interested, here's the link to the discussion:

reddit.com/r/gamedev/comments/183e88f/my_first_solo_developed_indie_game_failed_request

Feel free to check it out; it might provide some additional insights for your own game release strategy. Best of luck with your game on the AppStore!

• That's awesome. Congrats!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • thanks for the support :)

• Hey, thanks for taking the time to check out my game!

When it comes to releasing games, there's no one-size-fits-all answer, but for mobile platforms, especially with the intense competition, I'd recommend considering a free-to-play model with ads or in-app purchases.

While I opted for a premium release with "Incessant," I must admit, if I were to do it again, I'd likely explore the free-to-play approach given the current market dynamics.

Interestingly, right after the release, I was not that happy about the game's performance revenue-wise. As such, I engaged in a discussion on Reddit seeking feedback. It was quite an eye-opener and, in hindsight, a valuable learning experience.

If you're interested, here's the link to the discussion:

https://www.reddit.com/r/gamedev/comments/183e88f/my_first_solo_developed_indie_game_failed_request/

Feel free to check it out; it might provide some additional insights for your own game release strategy. Best of luck with your game on the AppStore!

Thank you for sharing; it's very helpful for my future endeavors. I've read your Reddit posts. By the way, have you tried uploading games on the Play Store?

I've previously uploaded games on the Play Store, and some of my applications have been quite successful with total downloads of 500K+, 100K+, etc. However, my developer account got banned because two of my apps violated the rules. That's why I'm considering moving from the Play Store to the App Store (iOS)

• I was actually planning to cut losses and move on to my next project.

Based on your input, I think it might be worth porting the game to Android. Thanks for the tip. best of luck with IOS.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)