Advanced RTS Template

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
10 isometric and animated Strategy Game Buildings in two Colors.
  • Hey, this is really good.

Is there a limit on how many units can be selected at once or is it a bug? Because sometimes i could select at most 6, then sometimes i could select more.

Also does the template use javascript, or is it all events?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hey, this is really good.

Is there a limit on how many units can be selected at once or is it a bug? Because sometimes i could select at most 6, then sometimes i could select more.

Also does the template use javascript, or is it all events?

Hello, thank you, Yes there is a limit of 9 I think to be selected.

but I will improve performance.

As for the code model it is events only.

• I think what would make it complete is to add an attack move or cursor when you hover over the enemy. Have them stop when they see the enemy and start attacking from there.

Because right now you need to send them to a position first, only when they stop they start attacking which would put your the attacking troops at an disadvantage (if the hit points would be equal for both sides).

I do notice the last troop in the selection attacks from a proper distance, but the rest doesn't.

Or did I miss something?

• I'll see if I can change it but it's very difficult to deal with the overlapping of troops where they need to stop...

• Ah OK, well I don't know how hard it is to make it. But I can imagine people buy templates because they don't know how to start making an RTS.

So it would be extra difficult for a beginner to create something I described. It seems to me though, that being able to click on the enemy where your troops will stop at firing distance and attack, is a crucial element to have in the template.

I don't think it even needs to be an 'attack anything on the way' move, C&C1 and RA1 didn't have it either if I'm not mistaken!

Well, it's up to you of course, I'm just making a suggestion. :)

• Thank you very much I have now changed it to everyone stopping to attack... Clicking on an enemy to attack is not difficult and I can see that in the future.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)