How do I pubblish my game on steam?

1 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Vintage steam pixels for your UI! 125 unique assets in a single pack!
  • Hi guys, I ned to pubblish my agme on steam and I have a few questions.

My game will not have leaderbords, or steam achivements... so I guess i do not need any plugin. It is just the game.

My question:

Must i upload a nwjs SINGLE exe file ? or Must I upload the separate NJWS files ? A friend told me i have to upload a single exe but as installer ( but c2 is not creating an installer file)

can U guys guide me for the upload.

A little note: i have packed my file with enigma virtual box so that the file is just a single one and that it is a bit more harder to steal the assets...

let me know thanks

Tagged:

• Hi guys, I ned to pubblish my agme on steam and I have a few questions.

My game will not have leaderbords, or steam achivements... so I guess i do not need any plugin. It is just the game.

My question:

Must i upload a nwjs SINGLE exe file ? or Must I upload the separate NJWS files ? A friend told me i have to upload a single exe but as installer ( but c2 is not creating an installer file)

can U guys guide me for the upload.

A little note: i have packed my file with enigma virtual box so that the file is just a single one and that it is a bit more harder to steal the assets...

let me know thanks

If the game is small (under 250mb) you can package it all as a zip.

don't forget to modify the package.json file using the following args: (in the package.nw archive)

},
    	"dom_storage_quota": 50,
    	"user-agent": "Mozilla/5.0 (%osinfo) AppleWebKit/%webkit_ver (KHTML, like Gecko, Chrome, Safari) NWjs/%nwver",
    	"chromium-args": "--disable-plugins --disable-internal-flash --in-process-gpu --disable-devtools --disable-popup-blocking --enable-gamepad --enable-html5-camera --allow-file-access-from-files --ignore-gpu-blacklist"
    }

All these to the end of the package file, then zip it up and upload. partner.steamgames.com/apps/depotuploads/%22YourAppID%22

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • thanks,.. my game is over 1 giga big.

What is that for ? why shall I cange that code... can U please explain... iam not the smartest coder

thanks man

• thanks,.. my game is over 1 giga big.

What is that for ? why shall I cange that code... can U please explain... iam not the smartest coder

thanks man

The game basically runs in a browser (Nw.exe is a wrapper around the browser).

And normally, if you press F11 you get the dev console for example.

These arguments fix these things as well as a few others.

See the following page:

construct.net/en/forum/construct-2/general-discussion-17/the-big-nw-js-roundup-tips-tri-119428

I did not encounter every problem listed on the page, but adding these arguments also didn't hurt so far. nobody has reported a problem yet so i bet these arguments do exactly what they needed to do. :)

You don't have to add everything listed there, that's up to you :) I'd save the things you add to a separate file so you can easily copy-paste the whole bottom bit like in my example :)

• sorry , your link did not work...and i did not understand why i should paste this code ? what is the reason...what happens without ??? thanks

• sorry , your link did not work...and i did not understand why i should paste this code ? what is the reason...what happens without ??? thanks

The link should work fine. (try copy pasting maybe?)

I'd say, start it up without them :) see if everything works on your end (Still might happen for other users). And hit F11 for example.

Some people experience "Black screens", or other problems.

Each argument is described in the link.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)