[Bug] Platform Behavior + Jump-thru

0 favourites
  • 13 posts
From the Asset Store
Match same tiles with each other as fast as you can and earn more score during a limited time!
  • The steps to follow to reproduce the problem in the project

1. Create a sprite.

2. Give him the "Platform" Behavior.

3. Created a "jump-thru" platform (tiled background).

What you expected to happen:

1. When I go to the end of the platform (jump-thru platform) I fall without the possibility of comeback. (Like a normal game (not spider-man))

What you observed happening instead:

2. If I fell and try to get back to the platform, I can! and the player do a weird glitch animation.

Resume (Original post):

So wtf is this guys? I don't make many "jump-thru" games... was just testing and this is VERY ANNOYING. When I walk over an edge I can comeback without falling! It "tries" to falls but then get back again... (Doesn't metter the height of the jump-thru platform it keeps happening)

Examples:

Video: streamable.com/s4gy5

GIF:

Attach:

CAPX:https://www.dropbox.com/s/x5nffwjspxryhs0/bug.capx?dl=0

• So...?

• This has been an issue for years, but it's one of those they can't fix given how the whole platform behavior works. The easiest workaround is to make the platform collision 1px high as far as I remember

• This has been an issue for years, but it's one of those they can't fix given how the whole platform behavior works. The easiest workaround is to make the platform collision 1px high as far as I remember

And how do I do this to fix the jump-thru? can you post a capx or print please?

• I'm not really sure it works but, what I meant is you make the collision mask of the platform object only 1 pixel in height

• But that ... if the object is in fall then it should not be able to ascend to a platform.

How difficult is it to solve that in the engine?

• lol any admin, mod, dev or something to help us? 25 days OMFG. I was without PC but now I got a new one. In 25 days I would change engine and do my game again!

• lol any admin, mod, dev or something to help us? 25 days OMFG. I was without PC but now I got a new one. In 25 days I would change engine and do my game again!

Edit the first message and provide the information requested here:

construct.net/en/forum/construct-2/bugs-21/must-read-first-bug-report-39300

Otherwise they won't help you when they review the message, sometimes they don't help even if you provide the information.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • > lol any admin, mod, dev or something to help us? 25 days OMFG. I was without PC but now I got a new one. In 25 days I would change engine and do my game again!

Edit the first message and provide the information requested here:

https://www.construct.net/en/forum/construct-2/bugs-21/must-read-first-bug-report-39300

Otherwise they won't help you when they review the message, sometimes they don't help even if you provide the information.

Did it! I don't even know how to explain what happens that's why I recorded a vídeo/gif... Worked in the post again and now I think it's more "didactic". (Following that link)

• I'm not really sure it works but, what I meant is you make the collision mask of the platform object only 1 pixel in height

Please Help me on this

construct.net/en/forum/construct-3/how-do-i-8/whole-game-stay-center-150011

• 3 months later... lmao

• 3 months later... lmao

_-_ HELP!

• Just making your collision sprites less generous - there's nothing particularly bad with your "bug", you've actually inadvertently added coyote time: urbandictionary.com/define.php

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)