[SUGGESTION] (if not already exists) Highlight/color rows in the event sheet.

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
2D fighting template based in the game that defined the fighting games genre.
  • Hello!

I was wondering if there is a Construct3 extension or is there a way to do this:

Highlight rows in conditions and events. It may seem useless but I'm working on my own game right now, there are many functions and events all connected.

A simple thing like this would help a lot: click with the right mouse button on an event row, there is an item "color/highlight/color text", and by clicking you can highlight the selected row. This would help you mentally connect different events more quickly, reduce stress and increase your working speed, especially when you are struggling to think.

Nothing complicated, but really useful.

Something else useful could also be integrated with the find function (ctrl+f).

I also found a discussion where someone had already asked this:

https://www.construct.net/en/forum/construct-2/how-do-i-18/eventsheet-layout-tab-color-47264

Construct3 is a fantastic program! But I think there are a lot of things that could be implemented to increase efficiency and comfort in working.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • In event sheets, you can add comments (press Q on keyboard), and these comments can be coloured, both the text and the background, which might be helpful for you?

That link is a very old link for Construct 2!

• In event sheets, you can add comments (press Q on keyboard), and these comments can be coloured, both the text and the background, which might be helpful for you?

That link is a very old link for Construct 2!

I already know about the comments.

But what I say is something more elaborate.

An idea would be: pressing the numbers on the keyboard assigns a color to a row, for example I assign "1" color "red" to condition 10 row 5. and then I assign "1" color "red" to condition 15 row 4.

And then I should be able to scroll between the 2 or more "1"s with the keyboard by pressing 1+ctrl to scroll forward or 1+shift to scroll back.

Similar to bookmarks, but sometimes these are annoying too, they could be improved. For example, if you assign a total of 5 bookmarks to "event sheet1" and another 10 to "event sheet2" but at different times, when you scroll forward/backward in "event sheet1" you find yourself in "event sheet2", while you are working only in " event sheet1". something annoying.

You can open the bookmarks bar and select from there, but it would be nice to put the option to view only the current event sheet in the bookmarks bar.

Basically I want to say that there are many improvements that can be made, and I don't see why not.

As your project grows you need more organization.

Easing and helping the eyes is also a good thing.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)