5 favourites
From the Asset Store
Rotate & Animation for 16 Direction & Mouse Direction
  • Subscribe to Construct videos now

Buy Spriter Pro:

BrashMonkey Store

Scirra Store

Steam

How do I import my Spriter project into Construct 3?

Download the latest stable version here and report any issues in this thread.

Just zip your project. Name the zip the same base file name as your scon file (myProj.zip for a scon file named myProj.scon). Drag it into C3, and it will handle the rest.

Big thanks to Ashley and R0J0hound for their quick responses, and especially to blackhornet for his plugin conversion tool and additional help he gave me converting the plugin to C3.

• Nice to see an initial version appear so quickly!

• Ashley, indeed!

I have a small suggestion for the documentation.

Please link blackhornet's plugin converter in the Porting Construct 2 Plugins/Behaviors section of the documentation. I only found out about it by luck when I came back to the forums to find the 'drawing plugins' thread again. I know there's probably not that many plugins with as many ACE entries, but for the Spriter plugin's 60-something ACE entries it would have been extremely tedious and easy to make mistakes.

• Hey on construct 2 we were able to drag and drop the scml file but on the construct 3 we cant so how do we get around that?

• nycgio There is an additional way to import Spriter files in both C2 and C3. Instead of using individual sprites, the plugin draws all of the images itself. The plugin runs much faster and uses less ram with this method, so unless you need separate sprite objects (for instance, to add an effect to some of the sprites that make up your character, but not others), you should always use this method. The import process is completely different than the other method. It looks like a lot of steps, but it's easy and quick to do once you know how.

The first step is to have Spriter figure out the bounding boxes of each animation. This tells the scml plugin how much space it needs to draw each animation.

To do this, click here:

Use these settings:

You only need to do this the first time you export it, or when you add a new animation. This only affects the bounding box of the animation (anything outside this box isn't drawn), so if you're tweaking animations and testing the game repeatedly, you don't need to do this every time.

Make sure you have these options enabled in Spriter:

When you're ready to export, go here:

The settings I've marked in red are all mandatory. The other settings on the left you can tweak as you like. Spriter saves all of the settings in this dialog, so you don't have to check these every time.

Next, click the dots next to base filename to choose the filename. You need to save it to a separate folder from your main project, and the filename you choose will apply to both the spritesheet and the scon file. Click Ok to complete the export.

In Construct 3, create your scml file as you would any other object. Right click - insert new object - scml.

When you add the object, C3 will open up the image editing dialog the same way it does when you add a standard sprite object.

In the image editing dialog, click the folder icon to load an image, and choose the spritesheet png that you just exported.

Import the corresponding scon file by right clicking on Files in the Project Pane and choosing Import Files, and selecting the file:

And lastly, in the properties pane, set scml filename to the name of the scon file, and make sure that draw self is set to true.

That should do it. Lemme know if you have any issues.

• Wow, nice job getting the Addon up and running in C3 so fast! Thanks.

Tried it out, looks like it works at least from my simple test, I am just switching animations w/ a little blend.

Obligatory request for Mesh/FFD to be released w/ Spriter2 soon

• Mikal - awesome, glad it's working. Thanks for testing. As for the speed, blackhornet and his plugin converter did almost everything. I only had to add/change a couple of lines of code afterward.

• it seems to work, but i can't see the scml object until the layout is prewied, in the editor it's showed like a blank sqare (but i think it's ok because the plugin is drawing himself the animations at runtime)..... Only a bug i've found, set "on" the "Show Collision Polygon" option in the layout proprieties after you have inserted your scml object, cause C3 crash.... :

Error report information

Type: unhandled exception

File: https://editor.construct.net/r69-2/main.js, line 63, col 422437

Stack: Error: missing collision poly source at ǃG.ǃvQL.ǃTQB (https://editor.construct.net/r69-2/main.js:63:422443) at ǃG.ǃvQL.ǃTEf (https://editor.construct.net/r69-2/main.js:63:422526) at o.ǃTEf (https://editor.construct.net/r69-2/main.js:63:222555) at v.ǃCw (https://editor.construct.net/r69-2/main.js:63:261574) at v.ǃCw (https://editor.construct.net/r69-2/main.js:63:246437) at window.ǃsv.ǃxe (https://editor.construct.net/r69-2/comp ... .js:1:7141) at ǃxw (https://editor.construct.net/r69-2/comp ... .js:1:1794)

Construct 3 version: r69.2

URL: https://editor.construct.net/index.html

Date: Sun Nov 26 2017 12:48:56 GMT+0100 (ora solare Europa occidentale)

Uptime: 393.5 s

Platform information

Browser: Chrome

Browser version: 62.0.3202.94

Browser engine: Blink

Browser architecture: 64-bit

Context: webapp

Operating system: Windows

Operating system version: 10

Operating system architecture: 64-bit

Device type: desktop

Device pixel ratio: 1

Logical CPU cores: 4

Approx. device memory: (unavailable)

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/62.0.3202.94 Safari/537.36

C3 release: r69.2

Language setting: en-US

WebGL information

Version string: WebGL 1.0 (OpenGL ES 2.0 Chromium)

Numeric version: 1

Supports NPOT textures: partial

Supports GPU profiling: no

Vendor: Google Inc.

Renderer: ANGLE (Intel(R) HD Graphics 5500 Direct3D9Ex vs_3_0 ps_3_0)

Major performance caveat: no

Maximum texture size: 8192

Point size range: 1 to 256

Extensions: ANGLE_instanced_arrays, EXT_blend_minmax, EXT_frag_depth, EXT_shader_texture_lod, EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic, WEBKIT_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic, OES_element_index_uint, OES_standard_derivatives, OES_texture_float, OES_texture_float_linear, OES_texture_half_float, OES_texture_half_float_linear, OES_vertex_array_object, WEBGL_compressed_texture_s3tc, WEBKIT_WEBGL_compressed_texture_s3tc, WEBGL_debug_renderer_info, WEBGL_debug_shaders, WEBGL_depth_texture, WEBKIT_WEBGL_depth_texture, WEBGL_lose_context, WEBKIT_WEBGL_lose_context

• pinellos - Thanks for trying it out. That's correct. In C2, it only showed text with info inside the box. I don't think it's possible to have the plugin load the animations at edittime. As for the the 'Show Collision Polygon' crash. I'll leave that to Ashley.

Ashley - can you take a look at pinellos's crash report there, and tell me if this is something I need to fix on my end, or a bug in C3?

If it's relevant, I have _info.SetHasAnimations(true) in plugin.js .

• I would guess it's a C3 bug. Let me look in to that.

• Actually, animated plugins are not yet supported in the SDK. The SetHasAnimations() call is undocumented because it's not supported yet (it's probably just boilerplate that worked its way in to the SDK). Do you really need your plugin to be animated? It will be further work to add proper support for animated plugins in the SDK, and I thought only the built-in Sprite would need the feature.

• Ashley, I didn't see there was a reply.

I don't need animations. I just need the single image, but I do plan to expand the plugin at some point to allow multiple spritesheets, which i would have used different animation frames for.

Also, how do I make it so when they double click the object it opens the image editor, like the sprite object?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Ashley, I didn't see there was a reply.

I don't need animations. I just need the single image, but I do plan to expand the plugin at some point to allow multiple spritesheets, which i would have used different animation frames for.

Also, how do I make it so when they double click the object it opens the image editor, like the sprite object?

Making it possible to add more than one spritesheet would be fantastic. Then people like me who use tons of different character maps would be able to use the "spritesheet" option for spriter Atm the sheets gets too large to use it so I'm glad to hear you are looking into it!

• Great to see this one for C3.

I need ability to change each part manually like any Sprite object. Make frame animations, load pictures from URL, adding effects and other.

I'm building all my project in hope this will be here.

I won't need it most likely for regular characters, but protagonist must have great deal of customization.

Would be really nice to have it in Spring 2018. I have tons of work to do before that anyway.

• Great to see this one for C3.

I need ability to change each part manually like any Sprite object. Make frame animations, load pictures from URL, adding effects and other.

I'm building all my project in hope this will be here.

I won't need it most likely for regular characters, but protagonist must have great deal of customization.

Would be really nice to have it in Spring 2018. I have tons of work to do before that anyway.

It's probably not a good idea to invest work in features which may or may not ever exist. I can't promise if or when any of these features you hope for will be implemented.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)