Third party plugins and Scirra Arcade

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Helping streamers give their viewers more excitement.
  • Hi,

What is the reason for only allowing game uploads with certain plugins? I always want to upload but can't because I often include third party plugins for mobile development that I don't really want to delete and I also don't want to branch my project and have to maintain them both.

Kind regards,

TheWyrm

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • This has been asked and answered numerous times.

Short answer, the original coding didn't allow for non-standard plugins, for many reasons. Tom had planned to allow certain plugins and other features in the (almost mythical) new arcade, but due to other requirements - the new Store mainly - the new arcade still hasn't shown it's face.

Tag Tom if you need any more info.

• zenox98 I did do a search but didn't find anything related in the first couple of pages, so thanks for info and stepping up.

Tom Hey, I think you're doing a great job, but what's the deal with the new arcade? When can we expect it to +1?

• It's been on the back burner for a while I'm afraid, but I'm getting excited to throw all my energy at it very soon and get it out there! Sorry for the delays, I know the arcade is not good enough any more.

• It's got some good ideas in there, but if it's easier perhaps you should just rename the old one legacy arcade and start a new one. Take over the bits and pieces you want and then just allow people to upload any html5 projects, while adding some community moderation. The more great games on the arcade the more attention scirra and c2 will get from the the public.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)