The problem about 'C2 Downloads'

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
A cool way for kids to write and practice English Alphabets
  • If you look at the very bottom of the Scirra page, you'll see "[XXXXXXX] Total Downloads", right? Well, it kinda seems like bragging to me. Another reson it's because it's updating constantly. Everytime someone downloads Construct, the digits will go up in real-time, which looks like the page is constantly checking for people that are downloading it, which is a problem. (Because internet consumption will go up!)

Please don't give this negative feedback, as it's my opinion (Oh yeah, opinion reminds me of onions! )

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • if you are surfing via mobile, and you are using internet data, a small script that takes ~1kb of data to update the downloads numbers would be your last thing to worry, i wold worry more of the mobile applications which are automatically updated in the background of your phone (ex:google,facebook etc).

• if you are surfing via mobile, and you are using internet data, a small script that takes ~1kb of data to update the downloads numbers would be your last thing to worry, i wold worry more of the mobile applications which are automatically updated in the background of your phone (ex:google,facebook etc).

oesn't that apply to computers as well? (On a modem)

• > if you are surfing via mobile, and you are using internet data, a small script that takes ~1kb of data to update the downloads numbers would be your last thing to worry, i wold worry more of the mobile applications which are automatically updated in the background of your phone (ex:google,facebook etc).

> oesn't that apply to computers as well? (On a modem)

not necessarily.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)