Sudden spam resurgence?

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
  • I noticed that since the forum update there's been a lot more spam coming up on the forums lately by users like "drebeats" and "rglmorgretmars", however it seems fairly contained everywhere aside of the CC subforums.

Has there always been this much spam and it's just a matter of people not reporting it, or did something change in the spam prevention code?

• I think some was related to the post/rep limitation not being in place the first two days after the update.

Been fixed now from what I can tell.

And yes, without it we'd be spammed silly on a daily basis.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I saw a spammer who had a 2 year old account and enough rep to post links, and he had only authenticated.

My guess is they figured out how to create bogus account with lots of rep.

Seen many many spam posts (reporded) problem is that some of these guys are copying and pasting entire websites in with links and all - including maleware. My scanners have screamed at me 3 times today.

• I have a feeling a lot of it is because the spammers bots are made specifically for phpBB

• I saw a spammer who had a 2 year old account and enough rep to post links, and he had only authenticated.

My guess is they figured out how to create bogus account with lots of rep.

Seen many many spam posts (reporded) problem is that some of these guys are copying and pasting entire websites in with links and all - including maleware. My scanners have screamed at me 3 times today.

t's not just bots. There are hand-run networks of them. It's not as common, but I've seen accounts before that in no way could have been automated.

• We've got lots of anti spam measures in at the moment, trust me we're doing everything we can! Have a few more ideas as well I'll be implementing as well. If you see spam, report it!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)