Store Upload Failing Continuously

0 favourites
  • 12 posts
From the Asset Store
You can upload screenshots and photos to your server very easily.
  • Hey Guys,

I am trying to upload an asset Zip to the Store but it is failing continuously since yesterday. My Zip file is 29.7 MB. First I was tying to upload in this method " Upload a file directly instead" in the store. But I have been getting this below error.

Error 404 - File or directory not found. The resource you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable

I have been trying from yesterday. Tried around 15 times now. Also tried different browsers/ systems. When I checked this error on the internet it says to enable my "requestFiltering" and do some changes in the Internet Information Services. Tried everything. It's not working.

So I tried to use the alternative way in the store "Enter a url to the file instead". Uploaded my asset Zip to my Dropbox and pasted the link here. But it says "Zip file unreadbale. Check it's a valid zip archive".

I even created a new item and tried uploading again. Not working. Now I don't how to delete these two incomplete items.

I may be doing something wrong here, kindly help me, Thanks.

• Alright I found what is the issue, but don't know how to overcome it. File Size is the issue. I have added another item in the store with 10MB and uploaded successfully. I cannot reduce the file size from much further.

I wish dropbox method would help atleast.

So this is the error I am getting while uploading a heavier file using Mozilla Ashley

This is the error I am getting while uploading using Chrome

While using dropbox link share, I am getting this error

Needs to change the spelling "unreadable" though.

Somebody kindly help me. Tom or Kyatric

Thanks.

• ADMINS & MODS: I know you guys are very busy with removing the spams and all and I really don't want to disturb you at this time but I just want to know is the problem is on scirra site or idk where.

I have sent couple of mail to support past days and I haven't received any reply. Is the problem is in the scirra site not letting upload heavy files with 30 MB, I will stop trying till I get a proper answer.

Kindly reply, Thanks.

• try using Firefox, i guess your using chrome? if not try other browsers, as far as i see your zip archive is corrupted(not properly wrapped) which may happen if your using some custom compressions, try 7-zip and just use the right click function add to zip on my side there is no issue with that section!

• Thanks man for replying. I was waiting for someone to reply for 2 days now, pheww what a relief. BUT

I used FIrefox, Chrome. I used 7-Zip, Winzip, Winrar. Nothing Works

You know what, I even tried uploading two more items into the store and successfully uploaded but they are all less size comparing to this one. This is 30 MB. I guess that's the problem.

• Thanks man for replying. I was waiting for someone to reply for 2 days now, pheww what a relief. BUT

I used FIrefox, Chrome. I used 7-Zip, Winzip, Winrar. Nothing Works

You know what, I even tried uploading two more items into the store and successfully uploaded but they are all less size comparing to this one. This is 30 MB. I guess that's the problem.

that might be a issue , i think, all my assets aren't bigger then 10-20 mb, so i never got these problems. maybe in future keep them low? but seen people with assets over 200 mb actual i downloaded a graphic pack that has 315 mb so i wander how he managed to upload it ! O.o the mystery of internet! for sure youl get a proper and more complex 2 words answer from the people responsible for that area !:) keep it true!

• I don't think it is the issue of size. Mine is around 49MB and I upload it through dropbox fine. That being said, I couldn't upload directly at all, and I had many issues at the beginning. Tom was able to help me out and this is what I found. Only use winzip, the others have issues. And most importantly for my issue at that time, if you use a link from dropbox, at the end of the url will be something like =0, change that 0 to 1. That did the trick for me and I was able to upload successfully. Hope this helps you out Madrasmadnes.

• rekjl You are just awesome. Saved my freaking day. "=1" trick worked and successfully uploaded. Guess nothing wrong with the File then.

thanks for taking the time to help me. Wow!!!

Thank a lot mates.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Haha glad that did the trick for you Madrasmadnes! Was in the same situation and know exactly how you feel!

• no problem, happy to helped, even though i only kept your topic opened,

• We are having the same issue!

Was the Verdict get a dropbox link and have it zipped from a winzip?

• We are having the same issue!

Was the Verdict get a dropbox link and have it zipped from a winzip?

This problem was months ago, and as far as I am ware, is no longer the case.

If you have an issue, create a new topic with as much detail as possible so that Tom can check it for you.

If you don't get a response after a day or two then you can email with your query.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)