Redeem Code for Steam

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Vintage steam pixels for your UI! 125 unique assets in a single pack!
  • Hello Guys,

I searched the forum and there are hundreds of posts mentioning steam and redeems etc. But no straight answer.

If I buy Construct 2 from the website, WILL I or WILL I NOT receive a redeem key, to get Construct2 personal edition into my Steam Account?

Thank you in advance!

• zooid

Hello Guys,

I searched the forum and there are hundreds of posts mentioning steam and redeems etc. But no straight answer.

If I buy Construct 2 from the website, WILL I or WILL I NOT receive a redeem key, to get Construct2 personal edition into my Steam Account?

Thank you in advance!

*moved to a more relevant forum section

You will not get a redeem code for steam.

There was a once only redeem code for the Early Adopters many years ago, that's why there is still a little confusion.

The Steam purchases are handled by Steam, not Scirra, and conversely, the purchases from this site have nothing to do with Steam.

• Thank you xenox for the straight answer.

Bummer though, I would've bought it if I could redeem on steam. Big loss for Scirra lacking that option as I am pretty sure hundreds of thousands of people think exactly like me. I use Steam on a daily basis. It's online all the time, and I want to run everything through it.

Take care!

• Thank you xenox for the straight answer.

Bummer though, I would've bought it if I could redeem on steam. Big loss for Scirra lacking that option as I am pretty sure hundreds of thousands of people think exactly like me. I use Steam on a daily basis. It's online all the time, and I want to run everything through it.

Take care!

Actually, steam is the worst place for this software. You want to buy it on scirra, and never use steam version ever

I brought on steam, and then brought business license here to get away from steam.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Smart move Scirra, the discount on Steam finally. I wish to believe my post pushed you a bit for this decision

Next Best thing would be a connection between the Scirra and Steam accounts.

And the next best thing - Steam Overlay for Construct2 games, and/or pushing Construct2 games through mobile Steam app

> Thank you xenox for the straight answer.

>

> Bummer though, I would've bought it if I could redeem on steam. Big loss for Scirra lacking that option as I am pretty sure hundreds of thousands of people think exactly like me. I use Steam on a daily basis. It's online all the time, and I want to run everything through it.

>

> Take care!

>

Actually, steam is the worst place for this software. You want to buy it on scirra, and never use steam version ever

I brought on steam, and then brought business license here to get away from steam.

It's how you get used to stuff. I like platforms where I have everything I need there. I don't know how being on Steam affects working in Construct2, but it can't be much. Plus I'm a hobbyist, game dev wannabe. I don't care about a lot of stuff. I want to be able to work on Construct2 and my friends see me doing so...chatting with them etc. Also I believe I can use SteamCloud with Construct2 right?! This helps me work on my games/apps wherever I go just run steam and all the assets are updated to that PC.

• It's how you get used to stuff. I like platforms where I have everything I need there. I don't know how being on Steam affects working in Construct2, but it can't be much. Plus I'm a hobbyist, game dev wannabe. I don't care about a lot of stuff. I want to be able to work on Construct2 and my friends see me doing so...chatting with them etc. Also I believe I can use SteamCloud with Construct2 right?! This helps me work on my games/apps wherever I go just run steam and all the assets are updated to that PC.

Being on steam affects construct2 tremendously. It has to go through an authentication layer that is bugged, and steam refuses to fix it. But, you have been warned.

As for why you actually want to use it... you can still add any software /games not in your steam library to be able to show your friends you working in c2, chat with them etc.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)