Mute function

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
  • I wanted to see what's available on the arcade nowadays after a long while away from scirra forums... to do so, I opened about 20 games in once in their own tab.

I started playing the first game, found the sound level quite low and tuned the volume up.

That was a mistake.

I soon got about dozens of splash screen music blaring full power in my earphones. I managed to close the whole window before my sanity was impacted, but am wary about going back there again...

So, suggestion here: could we have a mute/volume function directly on the arcade interface that would override the game inside?

• T-I-P

I f you only have one tab open at a time

P owerful music blast wont put you insane

• Thanks for your t-i-p, but i would not be willing to waste time waiting for each of them to load individually. I would try one, maybe two, then leave.

That's why it would be great to be able to pre-load lots of games in a comfortable way.

• Patience is a virtue.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • It would be quite nice to have a mute feature, or something. Many times I have forgotten my surround sound was on a REALLY high setting from listening to music, then BLAM loud retro sounds blaring out the house... Oops lol

I know that's on me but I guess there really isn't anything that could be done unless the developers of the games made the mute button or if they make it so that you have to enable audio. Right?

That wouldn't be a viable option though, to ask or expect everyone to do that...

• Patience is a virtue when you are unable to control the additional virtue of expedience. =P

• New versions of Construct 2 automatically mute games when switching to a different tab. The problem is probably only with old games which were exported before Construct 2 did this.

• New versions of Construct 2 automatically mute games when switching to a different tab. The problem is probably only with old games which were exported before Construct 2 did this.

Oh, cool. Thanks for letting us know =] That's pretty neat!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)