Mails about bundle sale?

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Huge Collection Of Platformers Game Assets (Tilesets, props, etc)
  • You are subscribed to their updates, to unsubscribe go to your profile info and uncheck the e-mail updates tab, if that doesn't work, usually there should be a "unsubscribe me" hyper link in the E-Mails they send you

• It's horrible... I've received the "new budle assets" email more than ten times...

• 28/12/2014

Hello,

I'm a big fan of Scirra and frequently use Construct 2. It's a great tool.

And I understand that you are pleased with your 47 bundle deals, but is it really necessary to tell me about them 4 or 5 times a day, everyday?

I usually didn't mind getting update emails for you, but this is getting a little too much.

Perhaps a little variety might add some spice to the emails? '42 bundle deals' for example, at least then I can chuckle at the Douglas Adams reference every few hours when I get your emails.

For now, please stop repeatedly sending me the same email. I would usually unsubscribe in this situation, but I do find it useful receiving an email once in awhile to let me know you've updated the software.

Thank you,

Hope you've had a great Christmas and a happy new year.

Jon Williams.

------------------------------------------

29/12/2014

Hello again Scirra,

Thank you for your many replies to my email dated 28th Dec 2014.

Unfortunately the content wasn't exactly what I was hoping for.

I see that you did listen to my suggestion though, as 2 of the 6 emails

you enthusiastically sent me during the last 24 hours promoted your 46 bundle deals, rather than

the 47 I previously discussed with you.

I am sure you are aware the Christmas / new year period can be a time spent with family, and

because of your passionate attempts to seduce me in to purchasing one of your

many bundle deals my family (in particular my wife) is starting to question

the number of emails I am receiving. (My emails go directly to my iphone) I fear she is beginning to not believe

when I dismiss them as `nothing`, surely, she says, it must be important if someone is emailing

you with such persistence and vigor.

I'm afraid your youthful urgency to relive me of my money on your bundles is beginning to cause

me troubles. I understand it may be difficult for you, especially during this time of year, but Please refrain form

contacting me again, at least until the new year. I no longer want to hear about your 'bundles'.

(I believe - due to the number of correspondences that we are now on first-name terms.)

Have a very happy new year.

Jon

P.S

(As I write this email I have received another email from you.)

• Do you still get mail when you disable all the check boxes for subscriptions in your profile ? I suggest you to do that.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • This, children, is why you should never drink eggnog that's past due.

• https://aws.amazon.com/ses/pricing/

this is what they are paying for when sending tens of thousands of emails

• Yeh, I was going for a light-friendly-festive way to let them know something has gone wrong, rather than a rant.

I thought the line:

I'm afraid your youthful urgency to relive me of my money on your bundles is beginning to cause me troubles.

would have given it away.

• Yup. I'm having the same exact problem. I'm receiving multiple emails each and every day titled "New Bundles in the Scirra Store! - Scirra.com." This really is nothing more than spam at this point -- but more than likely is an unfortunate glitch. It would be great if the prices changed, but its literally the same exact info several times every day.

Ironically, I've been waiting and waiting for the program to go on sale like it did last January... since I'm a novice and not interested in bundles, but it still hasn't gone on sale. Even more ironic, "Clickteam Fusion 2.5" went on sale recently on Steam so I just bought it for $33.99.

If Construct 2 ever goes on sale for a similar price, I'd buy it.. but I just don't want to spend $129.99... which explains why I'm currently on the mailing list.. but if these spam messages keep happening, I may just remove myself from the mailing list and give up on my hopes for a sale.

• i get 8 mails today from New Bundles in the Scirra Store!

now yesterday i have remove 7 mails .

i have unsubscribe from the mails now

very bad. it look you spam my mail

• I find the many topics and "outrage" about this somewhat humorous - it's absolutely clear that something has gone wrong, the website itself was barely up for most of yesterday and, this should be obvious, no sane company would actually try to brute force their users to buy something by increasing the volume of emails. The guys had some days off for the Holidays, something glitched and nobody was there to fix it - it's not the end of the world.

These are just emails - click/tap Delete, move on.

• You are subscribed to their updates, to unsubscribe go to your profile info and uncheck the e-mail updates tab, if that doesn't work, usually there should be a "unsubscribe me" hyper link in the E-Mails they send you

The problem is Scirra spamming about the same discounts every 12 hours. I want't to receive update from developers. But I don't want to be spammed about same thing for a week.

• yes, suddendly I have every day severel emails with the same content. if it's weekly that will be okay, but with this amount of emails I will unsubscribe it.

• I've received like 20+ emails in the last 2-days or so about the Scirra Bundles SALE!!!???!!!??

Can we stop with the damn scirra SPAM machine already, enough emails about this one thing!

• Talk about SPAM, either their email marketing system has gone BESERKERS! Or they just don't know about good email marketing practices, i think one email per week would be tolerable.. but not 20-emails in 2-days!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)