I need help urgently!

0 favourites
  • 10 posts
From the Asset Store
Game with complete Source-Code (Construct 3 / .c3p) + HTML5 Exported.
  • I wish to buy some content off the scirra store to aid me in making my own game. I wanted to know if the files people have uploaded for sale and are royalty free can be used commercially so if my game was to be successful I could keep everything and not get penalised. It may seem like a pretty stupid question but I was looking into getting plenty of assets from various sources and make them into my own etc. Please help if you can

• https://www.scirra.com/store/royalty-free-game-assets As indicated by his name... And you can use it for one commercial project

1 license = 1 commercial project and some free project... Just read the license

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • thanks for the response!!! I am at the checkout now and I have several options, I am using a personal license and wish to use the assets brought for use once (commercially) so would I choose personal as the preference?

• It says these purchases are for use:

the following choices it offers

-Use within a business organisation

-personal use only

-a gift

-anything else

See as Im fairly new to the site I want to make sure I get advice from the community as I am using the personal license construct 2

thanks again for your first response

• If you are not sure of your actual(or futur) use, takes commercial option... or if you must upgrade to the commercial edition (only if you reach 5000$ profit)

• There's also things like openclipart and opengameart. Though a lot of the store stuff looks really good and its mostly cheap. I wouldn't spend too much though, get the core first

• Advise: Learn about and read software licenses when they are presented to you.

Construct's license is independent from the assets license. That's why in the licensing terms of the store Construct's licenses have their own chapter and assets do have a different one.

Moreover on each asset's page there is a "License" tab that clearly defines what you are allowed to do and not to do with the assets.

Finally the choice you found yourself with about the use of the assets (Use within a business organisation, personal use only, a gift ,anything else) has again nothing to do with C2's license itself but is just about the nature of your payment.

If you are a business you may access invoice and VAT related stuff by selecting "Use within a business organisation".

• Advise: Learn about and read software licenses when they are presented to you.

Construct's license is independent from the assets license. That's why in the licensing terms of the store Construct's licenses have their own chapter and assets do have a different one.

Moreover on each asset's page there is a "License" tab that clearly defines what you are allowed to do and not to do with the assets.

Finally the choice you found yourself with about the use of the assets (Use within a business organisation, personal use only, a gift ,anything else) has again nothing to do with C2's license itself but is just about the nature of your payment.

If you are a business you may access invoice and VAT related stuff by selecting "Use within a business organisation".

while we are on topic asset licensing

this might be a stupid question: if i buy a template, say its an template how to jump, and i learn how the author of the template solved his jumping, is it ok for me to use same idea in my game ?

• Yes, you can use the same idea and also you could make a reference to the author in your credit/thanks

• Yes, you can use the same idea and also you could make a reference to the author in your credit/thanks

aweasome, and thank you for the quick replay, it is always a good gesture and habit to give credits to autohors of inspired work!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)