Game behaves weird in Arcade but fine as website

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Quickly disable all TNT barrels or everyone will be in danger!
  • Hi there! I uploaded a copy of my game to the Arcade after testing it in various browsers as website, but I see that in Arcade:

* touch directions are not working (select/start/a/b work)

* when a new game is started the pieces are not falling

This is the link to the game hosted in my website:

http://andreabianco.eu/games/constructris1.2/

And this is the game on Arcade:

http://www.scirra.com/arcade/puzzle/5401/constructris

I tried to understand what is going on for a couple of hours already and while I don't give up I would appreciate some help :) Does anyone have a clue about what is going on? I am not using any third party plugin, I removed all webgl effects. I'm stuck because as I said the game works as expected in browsers, even when opened on android/wp8 browsers (well it's still needing some optimizing to be more playable and responsive on mobile, but it works).

Thanks in advance,

Andrea.

• Since no one answered, I answer myself (somehow). I just downloaded the beta r141 and compiled again my game and uploaded it to Arcade.. you know, just in case ;) and guess what, the game now works! At least here. I wonder what was the problem and if r141 really fixed things or it was a server issue that got fixed in same moments.. whatever, I just hope the game will keep working ahah.

So please go, have fun and rate me good if you think the game is nice :)

Link: Constructris

Andrea.

• you should update the name to "solved"

cheers :D

• Since no one answered, I answer myself (somehow). I just downloaded the beta r141 and compiled again my game and uploaded it to Arcade.. you know, just in case ;) and guess what, the game now works! At least here. I wonder what was the problem and if r141 really fixed things or it was a server issue that got fixed in same moments.. whatever, I just hope the game will keep working ahah.

So please go, have fun and rate me good if you think the game is nice :)

Link: Constructris

Andrea.

It is well-known, at least by me, that games or certain behaviors or whatever behave differently between the preview browser and in the arcade. I'm guessing it has something to do with iframe?!?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hi Manley23, I did read some of your posts recently and I agree with you :)

The Arcade is such a great idea, I really hope they will make it better. About C2 made games, I am seriously considering only targeting Chrome and desktop for the new game I'm working on!

In meantime I am working to port Constructris to Android/iOS/WP8, it's part of the test I had in mind (developing a simple full functional game and port it to various platforms).

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)