Ultimate Ads - AdMob for C2 and C3 (Plugins)

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
StartApp Ads
$11.99 USD
[ C2 ] [ C3 ] support C3 build service | You can use Banner Ads, Interstitial Ads and Video Reward Ads.
  • Can't turn off audio on android.

I do "Audio -> Set silent" or "Audio -> Set volume" to music just before the ad is shown.

Music continues to play along with advertising.

Hmm, you may try to put "wait(0.05)" between setting the silence and triggering the ad to give the engine some time to process the silent request. That should do the trick.

• does this work with c3 and phonegap? i did a regular cordova export for android but the config.xml does not contain any plugins for admob, is there a work around to manually add the plugin if its not being exported by c3?

Hey, yes Ultimate Ads works with C3 + PhoneGap perfectly fine. The config.xml contained the Cordova plugin back when I was testing but I guess it changed with recent C3 releases. Please see the FAQ on the plugin's store section for more details in regards to Cordova plugins.

In case of any issues please contact me via real-time chat like Discord or Facebook (see my footer here) so I could help in real-time.

• > Can't turn off audio on android.

> I do "Audio -> Set silent" or "Audio -> Set volume" to music just before the ad is shown.

> Music continues to play along with advertising.

>

Hmm, you may try to put "wait(0.05)" between setting the silence and triggering the ad to give the engine some time to process the silent request. That should do the trick.

I made many experiments but without success. Why does not this happen automatically as in iOS?

• >

> > Can't turn off audio on android.

> > I do "Audio -> Set silent" or "Audio -> Set volume" to music just before the ad is shown.

> > Music continues to play along with advertising.

> >

>

> Hmm, you may try to put "wait(0.05)" between setting the silence and triggering the ad to give the engine some time to process the silent request. That should do the trick.

>

I made many experiments but without success. Why does not this happen automatically as in iOS?

I do not code anything related to audio in this plugin. If Audio.Silence function doesn't work then it's Audio issue, but I never experienced this issue myself.

Can you please give more details? Like even if you set Audio silence 1s before triggering ads, does the sound get silent and then turn on with the ad or it does not get silent at all?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Saying "automatically", I meant that with the same settings of my project, in iOS the sound turns off automatically.

Details.

For android i make Cocoon build. With and without minifing. My music file located in "Music" folder.

"Audio" plugin silents music in pc browser tests. I made music silent before starting ads, but my last trick below.

At the right moment (on start of layout for ex.) i set variable "show_ad" to 1.

Further, i have three events:

1) "if show_ad=1 and invert(Audio is silent) then Audio set silent"

2) "if show_ad=1 and Audio is silent then run ads"

3) "On video complete" -> "set show_ad to 0"

But this have no effect.

• Saying "automatically", I meant that with the same settings of my project, in iOS the sound turns off automatically.

Details.

For android i make Cocoon build. With and without minifing. My music file located in "Music" folder.

"Audio" plugin silents music in pc browser tests. I made music silent before starting ads, but my last trick below.

At the right moment (on start of layout for ex.) i set variable "show_ad" to 1.

Further, i have three events:

1) "if show_ad=1 and invert(Audio is silent) then Audio set silent"

2) "if show_ad=1 and Audio is silent then run ads"

3) "On video complete" -> "set show_ad to 0"

But this have no effect.

Can you please just try to silent the sounds like 2 seconds before showing the ad? This way we will know if it's the Audio issue or not.

• Can you please just try to silent the sounds like 2 seconds before showing the ad? This way we will know if it's the Audio issue or not.

I turned off the ad showing, and tested with different environments. In general, the C2 Audio plug-in does not work correctly with Canvas+.

PhoneGap Build with Webview and Cocoon with Webview+ all ok.

Also only with Canvas+ starting buying with Cranberry IAP plugin crashes app.

Version of Canvas+ "last".

• >

> Can you please just try to silent the sounds like 2 seconds before showing the ad? This way we will know if it's the Audio issue or not.

>

I turned off the ad showing, and tested with different environments. In general, the C2 Audio plug-in does not work correctly with Canvas+.

PhoneGap Build with Webview and Cocoon with Webview+ all ok.

Also only with Canvas+ starting buying with Cranberry IAP plugin crashes app.

Version of Canvas+ "last".

Alright, thanks for tests so it's C2 Audio plugin & Cocoon Canvas+ compatibility issue then. If it works well with PhoneGap WebView then it will work well with Cocoon WebView and WebView+ as well most probably.

As I mentioned earlier, I do not code anything audio related in Ultimate Ads plugin so I can't help with this as it's not Ultimate Ads issue. Cocoon is also officially not supported by Scirra so they will not investigate the issue. All you can do is to submit the error report to Ludei Cocoon forum but they are also pretty much unavailable recently due to work on new Canvas+ engine :/. Guess it just needs time.

Let me know if I can help with anything else related to my plugin, cheers!

• >

> >

> > Can you please just try to silent the sounds like 2 seconds before showing the ad? This way we will know if it's the Audio issue or not.

> >

>

> I turned off the ad showing, and tested with different environments. In general, the C2 Audio plug-in does not work correctly with Canvas+.

> PhoneGap Build with Webview and Cocoon with Webview+ all ok.

> Also only with Canvas+ starting buying with Cranberry IAP plugin crashes app.

>

> Version of Canvas+ "last".

>

Alright, thanks for tests so it's C2 Audio plugin & Cocoon Canvas+ compatibility issue then. If it works well with PhoneGap WebView then it will work well with Cocoon WebView and WebView+ as well most probably.

As I mentioned earlier, I do not code anything audio related in Ultimate Ads plugin so I can't help with this as it's not Ultimate Ads issue. Cocoon is also officially not supported by Scirra so they will not investigate the issue. All you can do is to submit the error report to Ludei Cocoon forum but they are also pretty much unavailable recently due to work on new Canvas+ engine :/. Guess it just needs time.

Let me know if I can help with anything else related to my plugin, cheers!

Yes, I will try to get something from their support. Without their acceleration, I do not have any options, since the PGB with ?rosswalk and IntelXDK do not work. Thank you!

• Hey

Faced with the fact that in the ios 11 in my app is not set the trigger "On video complited".

I did a simple test, and it showed that after the normal end of viewing the rewarded video, the "On video complited" is set for a fraction of a second and then the "On video dismissed" is set. So it should be?

capx:

https://cloud.mail.ru/public/DPzu/39msye9LD

• Hey

Faced with the fact that in the ios 11 in my app is not set the trigger "On video complited".

I did a simple test, and it showed that after the normal end of viewing the rewarded video, the "On video complited" is set for a fraction of a second and then the "On video dismissed" is set. So it should be?

capx:

https://cloud.mail.ru/public/DPzu/39msye9LD

That is correct, "On video dismissed" or "On Interstitial dismissed" are events that trigger when the ad unit is not longer visible for the user.

• A question about your Ultimate Ads plugin. Is it possible to use this plugin in combination with CordovaChartboost in the same C2 project?

For example I have CordovaChartboost working well in a game to display Interstitial / video ads. Can I use Ultimate Ads to show banner ads in the same game without conflict? I'd be wanting to build with Cocoon WebView+ for both Android and iOS.

On another topic. Do you sell your plugins through any other market place? The Scirra store has been inaccessible for me for the last 2 -3 days and I haven't been able to get on there purchase your plugins (Im looking at grabbing your Ads and iAP plugins). Thnx

• A question about your Ultimate Ads plugin. Is it possible to use this plugin in combination with CordovaChartboost in the same C2 project?

For example I have CordovaChartboost working well in a game to display Interstitial / video ads. Can I use Ultimate Ads to show banner ads in the same game without conflict? I'd be wanting to build with Cocoon WebView+ for both Android and iOS.

On another topic. Do you sell your plugins through any other market place? The Scirra store has been inaccessible for me for the last 2 -3 days and I haven't been able to get on there purchase your plugins (Im looking at grabbing your Ads and iAP plugins). Thnx

I already replied you on my Discord server but just in case anyone else is also interested:

1. I haven't tested with Chartboost myself but I'm 99% sure there's nothing that could get in conflict, all should work well.

2. Scirra store is the only one place where I put my plugins for now. The store should be up on Wednesday/Thursday as far as I know.

• In the store you have instructions for PhoneGap but it does not indicate how it works in cordova cli, what would be the way to integrate it in cordova?

• In the store you have instructions for PhoneGap but it does not indicate how it works in cordova cli, what would be the way to integrate it in cordova?

If one is familiar with Cordova CLI, Node.js etc. then he exactly knows how to install such plugin. So I don't think any explanation in this regard is needed. It's just a regular Cordova CLI plugin installation as explained in the official docs.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)