Steam4C2 (Plugins)

1 favourites
  • Fantastic! I'll test it when it's available:) Thank you

• I'm sorry,

I read that Steam Greenlight turned into Steam Direct. Is the plugin going to work with this new system?

To me this may be very important as I'm planning to choose C2 as technology to develop an indie game and send it to Steam as primary target platform.

Thanks in advance

• I read that Steam Greenlight turned into Steam Direct. Is the plugin going to work with this new system?

Steam Greenlight and Steam Direct were/are just the ways to get your game approved to be made available on Steam, it has nothing to do with what you use to make the game.

What does relate to the plugin is the Steamworks SDK, which this plugin does work with from what I can see.

I myself will be releasing a C2 made game on Steam in the new year and will be purchasing this plugin soon so I can set up Achievements and the like.

• OddConfection great, thank you very much for your help

• I've never messed with Steam achievements/DLC in my games before, so this may be a silly question. Can achievements be used as a means to unlock DLC? If so, would that be something that can be done with this plugin, or would that be done through SteamWorks?

• Nice work! I want to know, are there any plans to integrate Steam Inventory Serivce (https://partner.steamgames.com/doc/features/inventory) (microtransactions) to the plugin.

Like grant items or items drop? It would be a very great feature!

Thank you.

• I've never messed with Steam achievements/DLC in my games before, so this may be a silly question. Can achievements be used as a means to unlock DLC? If so, would that be something that can be done with this plugin, or would that be done through SteamWorks?

DarkRoomGames ,

For a free DLC, you can unlock additional content in your game if a special condition is true so yes you can do that via achievement even if steam stats are better to track player progress. (eg player own DLC_free_01 and achievement "UNLOCK_DLC_FREE_01" are true then allow content x).

But you can't disable the "buy" button on steam store for a DLC.

Regards,

• Nice work! I want to know, are there any plans to integrate Steam Inventory Serivce (https://partner.steamgames.com/doc/features/inventory) (microtransactions) to the plugin.

Like grant items or items drop? It would be a very great feature!

Thank you.

BadDoge , this feature is definitly in the TODO list ^^

Regards,

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • DarkRoomGames ,

For a free DLC, you can unlock additional content in your game if a special condition is true so yes you can do that via achievement even if steam stats are better to track player progress. (eg player own DLC_free_01 and achievement "UNLOCK_DLC_FREE_01" are true then allow content x).

But you can't disable the "buy" button on steam store for a DLC.

Regards,

Thank you for the response! I'll definitely have to pick this up then.

• Hello,

I was wondering if this plugin is available for construct 3? And if not, if it is on the roadmap for the future?

Thanks!

• A C3 version is planned once the new runtime will be available.

Regards,

• Hi,

Steam4C2 v1.7.1C was submitted to scirra store.

Fix: error when you try to get a Steam Stat value via Synch method.

Regards,

• Sup,

I wanted to quickly ask about the progress of the Steam Lobby feature?

Is it stalled by something from NW.js's end or just a difficult thing to implement?

• How do I download the latest version, I only see a version from December to download, is the store just slow?

• The plugin is updated regularly but not as soon as there is a new NWjs version. So just use an older version of NWJS until the new plugin version is available. For example I still use NWjs 23 for my Steam game and it works great.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 2 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 2 guests)