- MM_Preloader plugin for C2 & C3 (c2addon & c3addon)
- Capx example download:
- Capx2 example (layout transition + init layout preloading):
- Store page:
v1.5.1 update (2017-11-11)
- * Fixed a bug where in some cases the preloader was not preloading objects after toggling between the same layouts or unload/preload sequence.
v1.4 update (2017-08-17)
- Plugin is now compatible with C3 (c3addon added to the pack)
- Fixed an issue where plugin could have a problem with detecting if an object was already preloaded or not in certain cases
v1.3 update (2017-07-29)
- Lazy preloading added. Preloads with specified interval. Potential use case: preload next layout while playing the current one
v1.2 update (2017-06-27)
- Spriter SCML objects compatibility adjustment
What is MM_Preloader?
It's a plugin which handles any type of preloading:
- Layout preloading - preload elements of the next layout to get rid of layout transition lag
- Layout initialization - hook any custom functions to preloader: AJAX, import, multiplayer connection, required calculations, etc.
- Lazy preloading - slowly preload elements of the next layout while playing current layout
- Loader layout - game initial loading screen
Does this plugin just calculate the % or really preload items?
It is a real preloader. With a single action MM_Preloader finds and preloads (loads to memory) all Sprites, Tiled Backgrounds, SpriteFonts, SpriteFonts+, TileMaps and even Spriter objects of the selected layout. You can also preload custom objects or actions.
How do I use it?
Simply add items to the preloader's list and trigger Start action. Plugin will automatically preload and calculate the current preloading progress based on number of added items (and their current preloading state). While it's processing you can use expressions to fetch current state of preloading.
What can I preload?
Really anything. The best feature is the ability to preload assets of layout you are switching to, so it's possible to make a preloader between two layouts (not possible by default in C2).
You can use it on Loader Layout and easily make the initial preloader of your app.
It is also possible to add custom items which means that you can preload sounds, AJAX fetching progress, Ads, multiplayer connection, etc.
Can I make visual preloading?
You can make any visual appearance you want. MM_Preloader does not draw anything, it just preloads and calculates the progress. Based on the current progress you can make any visual custom preloader you need.
This plugin has lifetime warranty.