Instant Art Creator (Tools)

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Create the right kind of drama with Film Scoring Tools sound library!
  • Instant Art Creator — Now for sale in the Scirra Store!

https://www.scirra.com/store/game-making-tools/instant-art-creator-1122

<p>Instant Art Creator is a Windows Standalone Program that can help you quickly make all kinds of new 2D Art by mixing up existing art pieces. It does this by using Layers of Images (PNGs with transparency). Just think of it like a character creator or other game object creator in lots of games.</p><p>When you open up the Creator, you will be able to select images directly in each layer or click Random to instantly create a mixed up output image. Be sure to set the Size of the output image as desired. Then simply click the Save button to save images you like to the App/Output folder. It will export PNG files which can be read by most game engines.</p><p>You can make all kinds of art quickly using this technique! Some examples Creators you could make are: Characters, Monsters, Items, Backgrounds, Buttons, Icons, Logos, Trees, Swords, Blocks, Characters, Effects, etc...</p><p>Also included are several example art packs with more coming soon!</p><p>Limited FREE Version here: </p><p>http://download.cnet.com/Instant-Art-Creator/3000-2191_4-76406187.html?tag=bc</p><p>For more details and help please visit www.instantartcreator.com</p><p>Or you can contact me to request help or request new features to be added in the future.</p><p>Enjoy!</p>

Use this topic to leave comments, ask questions and talk about Instant Art Creator

• This is great software with a number of uses. You can use your own art too. This cuts out A TON OF WORK in Photoshop!

I have one request to see if this is something you want to do:

1) This one is probably a bit difficult to program....I work a lot with 16x16 and 32x32 art. The current art is blurry and unusable when scaled down. So if there was another script you can add that will replace every pixel with a square of the approximated color (repixelize it so it isn't blurry) that would be really cool.

Edit: I found out how to export as transparent PNG. Great feature!

Those 2 would make this the perfect software, something I've been looking for years. Still worth a purchase now for all the randomized textures, terrain, ect. Good work man

• Glad you like the tool

for item 1 you should use source art - transparent PNGs at 16x16 and 32x32 and set the output size to those as well. That way it never has to scale and simply makes variations at that size.

All your variations will be in the Output folder on saving or random generation.

The included art won't scale well to very small sizes since the original sizes were pretty large 1024x1024 or 512x512. They were included mainly as examples.

Though if you want to scale down from 512x512 to 32x32 or 16x16 it is best to make your source art in Photoshop/Gimp using a grid of 32x32 and make sure anything you draw fills up 32x32 (lines, boxes, etc). I noticed this scales down well when doing that.

Hope this helps - Rigo

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Glad you like the tool

for item 1 you should use source art - transparent PNGs at 16x16 and 32x32 and set the output size to those as well. That way it never has to scale and simply makes variations at that size.

All your variations will be in the Output folder on saving or random generation.

The included art won't scale well to very small sizes since the original sizes were pretty large 1024x1024 or 512x512. They were included mainly as examples.

Though if you want to scale down from 512x512 to 32x32 or 16x16 it is best to make your source art in Photoshop/Gimp using a grid of 32x32 and make sure anything you draw fills up 32x32 (lines, boxes, etc). I noticed this scales down well when doing that.

Hope this helps - Rigo

Great tips much appreciated. I didn't consider a lot of that.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)