Emitter (Behaviours)

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
  • Emitter — Now for sale in the Scirra Store!

https://www.scirra.com/store/construct2-behaviours/emitter-4178

<p>Here's a behavior that changes a Sprite into a particle emitter. Why? Well, you can't do any of the following with the Particle plugin and to create this behavior using events would tediously complicated and would be almost impossible to then transfer between projects.</p><h3>Actions:</h3><div class="deshr"></div><h3>For Emitter:</h3><div class="deshr"></div>

• Set Continuous
    • Set One-Shot Immediate
    • Set One-Shot Tweened rate
    • Warm up emitter (pre-create particles)
    • Set spawn Z position (on top or at bottom of particles)

<h3>For Particle:</h3><div class="deshr"></div>

• Set spawn angle, with random
    • Set animation randomly chosen from csv list of animation names
    • Set particle blend mode according to random animation that is chosen
    • Set spawn width/height/opacity if different from emitter
    • Set Gravity (for speed accel)
    • Set Accel (for speed accel - added to gravity, create local effects)
    • Set Speed to accelerate, like standard particle plugin
    • Set Angular Velocity to accelerate
    • Set detect solid collision (choose to Destroy or to Bounce)
    • Set global bounce factor for speed (bounce on Solid)
    • Set bounce factor per object (bounce on Solid)
    • Set particle to become an emitter object
    • Set following parameters to be tweened: angle, opacity, width, height, scale, rotational velocity, linear velocity, effect (params 0 to 2)

<h3>Conditions</h3><div class="deshr"></div>

• Is a particle

<h3>For Emitter:</h3><div class="deshr"></div>

• Trigger on burst tween end
    • Trigger on burst tween reverse

<h3>For Particle:</h3><div class="deshr"></div>

• Trigger on tween end for: angle, opacity, speed, width, height, scale, rotational velocity, effect (params 0 to 2)

<p>Works with minfy etc but doesn't support game save. NB - this creates Sprites and, therefore, provides a similar performance to having other sprites in-game. All of the transformations can be given an immediate or delayed start time, so it's easy to make very complicated effects with just a few actions.</p>

Use this topic to leave comments, ask questions and talk about Emitter

• EDIT: Everything working now! Problem was an old addon with similar name, removing it fixed all problems

• Waltuo, thanks for buying it! I guess the capx was somehow corrupted. Let me check and I'll get back to you.

Edit - I just did a full download and install on 2 computers to check the zip from the store and it all worked perfectly. Either the capx and/or the c2addon were corrupted in your download, I guess. Could you please delete the behaviors/emitter folder, re-download, re-install and try again? Action 36 is the Warm Up action and it's definitely there and working, so the error message is a bit puzzling!!

If it still doesn't work then could you please PM me a zip of what you downloaded from the store, so I can try on my system? Thanks.

• Colludium Everything working now! Problem was an old addon with similar name, removing it fixed all problems

Issue was on my end not with this behavior; I've edited the post above to reflect this.

• Waltuo - no problem, and I'm glad it's all sorted! Cheers.

• Updated the demo; still version 1.0.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hi, I'm very interested into buying this behavior, however it seems that it is not on the store anymore, any chance to see this behavior coming back on the store one day?

Thank you very much ~

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)