C2 Data Editor (Tools)

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Make your craft game come to life with this sounds :D
  • Is this likely to go on sale anytime soon?

It has been in the store for a couple years now.

• I mean on special offer. For now I can do the same things with a browser and an excel spreadsheet. I'd rather use this, but not for £20.

• After many many months of waiting, I finally bought this.

I'm getting bugs every couple of minutes.

************** Exception Text **************
    System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
       at System.Data.Index.CompareRecords(Int32 record1, Int32 record2)
       at System.Data.RBTree`1.SearchSubTree(Int32 root_id, K key)
       at System.Data.RBTree`1.GetNodeByKey(K key)
       at System.Data.RBTree`1.GetIndexByKey(K key)
       at System.Data.Index.RecordStateChanged(Int32 oldRecord, DataViewRowState oldOldState, DataViewRowState oldNewState, Int32 newRecord, DataViewRowState newOldState, DataViewRowState newNewState)
       at System.Data.DataTable.RecordStateChanged(Int32 record1, DataViewRowState oldState1, DataViewRowState newState1, Int32 record2, DataViewRowState oldState2, DataViewRowState newState2)
       at System.Data.DataTable.SetNewRecordWorker(DataRow row, Int32 proposedRecord, DataRowAction action, Boolean isInMerge, Boolean suppressEnsurePropertyChanged, Int32 position, Boolean fireEvent, Exception& deferredException)
       at System.Data.DataRow.EndEdit()
       at System.Data.DataRowView.EndEdit()
       at System.Windows.Forms.CurrencyManager.EndCurrentEdit()
       at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.DataGridViewDataConnection.OnRowValidating(DataGridViewCellCancelEventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.OnRowValidating(DataGridViewCell& dataGridViewCell, Int32 columnIndex, Int32 rowIndex)
       at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.CommitEditForOperation(Int32 columnIndex, Int32 rowIndex, Boolean forCurrentCellChange)
       at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.ScrollIntoView(Int32 columnIndex, Int32 rowIndex, Boolean forCurrentCellChange)
       at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.ProcessDownKeyInternal(Keys keyData, Boolean& moved)
       at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.ProcessEnterKey(Keys keyData)
       at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.ProcessDialogKey(Keys keyData)
       at System.Windows.Forms.TextBoxBase.ProcessDialogKey(Keys keyData)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.PreProcessMessage(Message& msg)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.PreProcessControlMessageInternal(Control target, Message& msg)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.PreTranslateMessage(MSG& msg)[/code:o0xlg9av]

How do I stop this?
  • Does this program have an undo function? I spent ages building an array, then dragged a single cell to the far left column to see what would happen, and it suddenly replaced the entire row above, meaning I just lost loads of data. Not realising what happened, I tried again, and just lost another row of data.

Why is that a feature?

• ggibson1 I finally (carefully) created my array, and created the JSON... but Construct 2 doesn't accept the JSON when using the load JSON action. Why is that?

I found I had to create a capx from the program, then heavily edit it just so I could get my data. The generated CAPX doesn't even create the array. It does, however, generate 139 random events I have no interest in, but understand some people might like them.

In the end, it just generates the array in the exact same way I would have needed to within C2... which is what I was trying to avoid.

The whole reason I got the program was so that I could use the load JSON command.

For me, it's just broken and cumbersome.

• I have tried to generate json strings, save to a .json file and load to C2 using ajax but my dictionary dont populate, so i tried to generate a json string in the dictionary editor and load in my dictionary using events, but dont work again.

The app is good to edit data, but i dont like to make so many events to just populate my dictionarys and arrays, so please make a working .json file generator in this app, or explain how we can save the json string in a file to load them in the C2 using ajax.

• . i want buy this application , what i free update for this application

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Does this program have an undo function? I spent ages building an array, then dragged a single cell to the far left column to see what would happen, and it suddenly replaced the entire row above, meaning I just lost loads of data. Not realising what happened, I tried again, and just lost another row of data.

Why is that a feature?

It does not have an undo feature.

Dragging a cell around actually moves the row (drag and drop moving of rows).

It appears you found a bug by dragging a row off into the empty area. I will work on a fix and upload the update ASAP.

Thanks for the heads up!

• I have tried to generate json strings, save to a .json file and load to C2 using ajax but my dictionary dont populate, so i tried to generate a json string in the dictionary editor and load in my dictionary using events, but dont work again.

The app is good to edit data, but i dont like to make so many events to just populate my dictionarys and arrays, so please make a working .json file generator in this app, or explain how we can save the json string in a file to load them in the C2 using ajax.

If you look in the PDF manual you will see it mentions copying the JSON out to paste into a file you can then use C2 tools to read in.

Look for this text and look at the screen shots in that area:

"12) convert the entire grid into json format into the box at the bottom to be copied into a file to be read into your application at run time"

• . i want buy this application , what i free update for this application

Sorry your text did not translation into English well enough to really understand.

The only thing that is free is when I fix a bug and update the package on the store so you can download it again.

• ggibson1 I finally (carefully) created my array, and created the JSON... but Construct 2 doesn't accept the JSON when using the load JSON action. Why is that?

I found I had to create a capx from the program, then heavily edit it just so I could get my data. The generated CAPX doesn't even create the array. It does, however, generate 139 random events I have no interest in, but understand some people might like them.

In the end, it just generates the array in the exact same way I would have needed to within C2... which is what I was trying to avoid.

The whole reason I got the program was so that I could use the load JSON command.

For me, it's just broken and cumbersome.

If you carefully read the manual you will see how to export in various ways.

You can even just copy and paste the generated JSON directly from one of the editing screens into a file to read into C2.

Using all the injected events and functions will allow you to work with your data in a way that is like working with a database embedded within your app.

This is more involved of coarse because you must take the time to read the comments on the functions to understand how to use them very much how software developers do to learn a new API.

• Hi, if i create random data from a site like mockaroo.com, is there a way to import it into a table that your tool creates?

the site can export data in various formats including .xml, JSON, SQL, CSV, etc.

thanks

• Hi, if i create random data from a site like mockaroo.com, is there a way to import it into a table that your tool creates?

the site can export data in various formats including .xml, JSON, SQL, CSV, etc.

thanks

You can import into either an Array or Dictionary.

And you have various options to choose from for importing CSV data.

Delimited (comma, semi-colon,tab,space), Fixed Width, etc.

• > ggibson1 I finally (carefully) created my array, and created the JSON... but Construct 2 doesn't accept the JSON when using the load JSON action. Why is that?

>

> I found I had to create a capx from the program, then heavily edit it just so I could get my data. The generated CAPX doesn't even create the array. It does, however, generate 139 random events I have no interest in, but understand some people might like them.

>

> In the end, it just generates the array in the exact same way I would have needed to within C2... which is what I was trying to avoid.

>

> The whole reason I got the program was so that I could use the load JSON command.

>

> For me, it's just broken and cumbersome.

>

If you carefully read the manual you will see how to export in various ways.

You can even just copy and paste the generated JSON directly from one of the editing screens into a file to read into C2.

Yeah, I did that. AJAX or something, right? I ended up making my own Data Editor using Construct 2 itself, and set it so you generate text that gets loaded as JSON directly into an array. Much better.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)