C2 Data Editor (Tools)

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Make your craft game come to life with this sounds :D
  • Having a hard time interacting with the data once it's been injected into the Construct project. At start of Layout I call the "CreateTestDB" function. The debugger says there are two arrays. An empty one and the one that has data that was created with the function call, but I can't interact with it.

I have a text object that every tick is displaying TestDB.At(0,0) and it always reads 0. I assume because it's reading the first array that is also called TestDB, but is empty.

And I included the Data event sheet with the search functions but those aren't working either. I wasn't completely clear from the manual but I assume all the results of a function call end up in the ResultSet array? But that stays empty the whole time.

The function call I am testing looks like this; "SearchColumnFindAllLike"(TestDB.UID, "ColumnName","String I am searching for")

Any help or direction anyone has would be appreciated. There is nothing about this program anywhere except here and the shop page. Otherwise it seems like it's going to be a huge time saver once I get it working. Thanks!

-daleinen

EDIT

I found out if at start of layout I destroy the existing TestDB array, and then create a new array with the create function it will reference the right array. Seems like the wrong way to go about it but as long as it works.

Please see the email I sent you in response showing how to modify your events to correctly load the data and do a search against it.

Good luck!

• Thanks. Appreciate the quick response!

• NEW topic:

I post here over sending a private message toggibson1, to help other users of the C2 Data Editor tools

HI ggibson1

Query 1: in the example project, you have a "MetaData" array. What advantage does this array provided?

I have been trying to follow your example in how your ready and write data to array, but i find that i still don't completely under some aspects of the code and so unsure if i should or not apply to my project.

Many Thanks

henry

• There is nothing special about the arrays in the examples.

They are just normal C2 arrays.

To fully understand working with arrays in C2 you should fully read all C2 documentation on arrays.

Good luck!

• please, I email you! need support

• Is this tool still active?

• Is this tool still active?

It is still being sold and still works like it always did.

• Is there a way to do a spell check? Looking at the videos, I see you don't appear to have a way to do it within the software itself, so I was wondering how easy it would be to copy the array from your program into something like excel or word, perform a spell check, then copy from these programs back into your array.

Hope that makes sense.

• Is there a way to do a spell check? Looking at the videos, I see you don't appear to have a way to do it within the software itself, so I was wondering how easy it would be to copy the array from your program into something like excel or word, perform a spell check, then copy from these programs back into your array.

Hope that makes sense.

Hi ggibson1, Do you happen to know the answer to the above question? I'm holding off on purchasing atm due to this.

• > Is there a way to do a spell check? Looking at the videos, I see you don't appear to have a way to do it within the software itself, so I was wondering how easy it would be to copy the array from your program into something like excel or word, perform a spell check, then copy from these programs back into your array.

>

> Hope that makes sense.

>

Hi ggibson1, Do you happen to know the answer to the above question? I'm holding off on purchasing atm due to this.

Neither an export nor a spell check feature exists in the tool.

However, I did successfully use this json-to-csv tool to copy the JSON version of data into a CSV and then edit that with Excel … and then import back into C2DataEditor.

https://konklone.io/json/

• Hmmm... I'm not sure what I did, but I broke it. I can export my data to a new capx, and Construct2 can't open it.

Failed to open project....

Found an event condition referencing an object 'DataSets', but this does not appear to be an object type or family in the project

Under element: c2eventsheet\events\event-group\sub-events\event-block\sub-events\event-block\sub-events\event-block\sub-events\event-block\conditions\condition

Line 74, column 49

in c:\.....\data.xml

I tried to get the data.xml, but it appears to be temporary and was gone even before I closed the dialog.

here's the Json:

{"c2dictionary":true,"data":{"This is a string":"{\"c2dictionary\":true,\"data\":{\"This is a key\":\"{\\\"c2array\\\":true,\\\"firstRowIsColumnNames\\\":true,\\\"size\\\":[7,2,1],\\\"data\\\":[[[\\\"column1\\\"],[\\\"column2\\\"]],[[0],[0]],[[1],[1]],[[2],[2]],[[3],[3]],[[4],[4]],[[5],[5]]]}\"}}","This is another string":"{\"c2dictionary\":true,\"data\":{\"This is a key\":\"{\\\"c2array\\\":true,\\\"firstRowIsColumnNames\\\":true,\\\"size\\\":[7,2,1],\\\"data\\\":[[[\\\"column1\\\"],[\\\"column2\\\"]],[[0],[0]],[[1],[1]],[[2],[2]],[[3],[3]],[[4],[4]],[[5],[5]]]}\"}}","This is yet another string":"{\"c2dictionary\":true,\"data\":{\"This is a key\":\"{\\\"c2array\\\":true,\\\"firstRowIsColumnNames\\\":true,\\\"size\\\":[7,2,1],\\\"data\\\":[[[\\\"column1\\\"],[\\\"column2\\\"]],[[0],[0]],[[1],[1]],[[2],[2]],[[3],[3]],[[4],[4]],[[5],[5]]]}\"}}"}}

---------------------------------------

*edit*

Importing into a blank project appears to have fixed the issue. I'm not quite sure exactly what broke, but I can't get it to fail on a blank project. *shrug* If I imported into existing project or "save all to capx" the resulting capx would break. But If I created one in Construct as blank and then imported, it worked.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hmmm... I'm not sure what I did, but I broke it. I can export my data to a new capx, and Construct2 can't open it.

Failed to open project....

---------------------------------------

*edit*

Importing into a blank project appears to have fixed the issue. I'm not quite sure exactly what broke, but I can't get it to fail on a blank project. *shrug* If I imported into existing project or "save all to capx" the resulting capx would break. But If I created one in Construct as blank and then imported, it worked.

So did you get it figured out?

If not can you give a single specific example with as many details as possible about how to reproduce it?

Thanks

• Hi !

I just bought this tool, and it goes beyond what I expected! Currently making a visual novel, I'll find it really useful.

Thanks and nice work!

EDIT : Seems like I encountered some issue with the injection feature. When I inject an array (Items from your demo in this case) in a new empty project, the firstRowIsColumnName instance variable is always set on false, whether the corresponding checkbox is checked or no. Did I miss something?

Thanks for your answer!

• Is this likely to go on sale anytime soon?

• Hi !

I just bought this tool, and it goes beyond what I expected! Currently making a visual novel, I'll find it really useful.

Thanks and nice work!

EDIT : Seems like I encountered some issue with the injection feature. When I inject an array (Items from your demo in this case) in a new empty project, the firstRowIsColumnName instance variable is always set on false, whether the corresponding checkbox is checked or no. Did I miss something?

Thanks for your answer!

Thanks for using the tool.

Sorry it took so long to respond ... I did not receive an email when you posted this message.

firstRowIsColumnName is a family inherited instance variable (from the DataSets family) and as such can only have a specific value set at run time.

The value you see in the C2 UI is the default family value that is set by default each time you create an instance of the Array object.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)