win 8 ie 10

0 favourites
  • 12 posts
From the Asset Store
A set of 30 Second Music Loops to add Emotion to your game!
  • [TUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKP2HyTACcE&feature=topvideos_science[/TUBE]

still not sure what to think about that windows 8 smartphone look a like.

• Thanks for the post. It looks pretty cool.

• Yeah it does look cool, and to use it fully you gonna need new multitouch pc - or multi cursor mouse :D

• /b, windows IT platform.

lol

• aw dang. Just when I found the money to buy win 7 I find out win 8 is going to come out...

• I am kind of bummed that this is the way technology is going. In my view Microsoft would be smart to keep an up to date desktop style OS (like 7) around, not only a tablet style Os (like 8). The reason for this is that unless there is some miracle breakthrough, a good portion of the industry will remain desktop dependent, due to the fact that I don't see tablet or portable hardware surpassing desktop hardware anytime soon. Serious gamers, or those using their computer for heavy duty workloads, will prefer something like 7 instead of 8 because it is optimized for a desktop computer and not a tablet or touchscreen.

TL;DR : Either a whole industry will have to adapt or Microsoft will have to keep an up to date desktop OS.

Disclaimer: this is just my personal opinion ;)

• In my view Microsoft would be smart to keep an up to date desktop style OS (like 7) around

Windows 8 on desktop PCs will have a tile you can touch to open the traditional old desktop - so you get both ways.

• I just installed the Win 8 developer preview on one of my laptops. First impressions is it is pretty slick. I liked the Metro interface for quickly running apps and the browser. The overall speed was nice and as Ashley mentioned you get the regular desktop by clicking the desktop app. It was a little harder at first to find all the stuff I normally use, but after about an hour or two I had it down. One awesome service is the Azure platform where you can have online games using Microsoft's cloud.

I disliked that you can't exit apps without going to task manager, but maybe that is because it is a preview build. The IE10 browser while nice it takes the whole screen is nowhere as convenient as tabbed browsing, etc..which is why on 8 they have two browsers. On a desktop I'd never use the Metro IE10.

One odd thing is I can't login to Scirra.com on my WIndows 8 box. I tried both IE browsers and Chrome on Win 8. Odd....

Overall, I think 8 will be a hit. I wonder if Construct 2 will have an exporter for Metro apps since HTML5 is one language that can be used to build Metro apps. That would be awesome.

• Hmm I guess we will have to see how it plays out then. I am still skeptical of how well the regular desktop will function considering it will be an app, that usually translates to slower. At least it does in my experience.

• I am still skeptical of how well the regular desktop will function considering it will be an app, that usually translates to slower. At least it does in my experience.

Your thinking about the regular desktop the wrong way. Think about the Metro Desktop app like a HTML5 program calling a fast C++ program. The actual desktop is still C++ and blazing fast..it isn't any slower that the old one. The only thing that is slower is launching of the desktop, but the human eye can't tell the difference in speed.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • And i just bought win 7 3 months ago XD oh well.

• win8 isn't supposed to be released until late 2012 so I wouldn't feel too bad.. it is still a year out.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)