What do you think, making a few dollar

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Make your own platformer for both the web and mobile easy with this Santas Platformer Template, FULLY DOCUMENTED
  • Tutorials are cool and everything but there are already loads of those available for construct and many cap examples also which are free. Usually the examples are documented well with comments and so there is not even any need to watch a video tutorial to make a simple space game etc.

Also with free file hosting sites there are only a few i actually trust like box.net and dropbox as the others usually have a load of popup adverts and have been known to give people viruses etc, i simply don't click a link if not forum hosted and it's another one of them. I am guessing other people will have a similar view also.

To be honest though i don't really think tutorials are a good way to make money. Usually they are made to help people rather than profit from them. You should probably just start making games instead and try to sell those, you could then have tutorials how to make various things from the games to help promote and boost the game sales.

• [quote:2h48ms61]Tutorials are cool and everything but there are already loads of those available for construct and many cap examples also which are free. Usually the examples are documented well with comments and so there is not even any need to watch a video tutorial to make a simple space game etc.

On the contrary ( or maybe it is only me) I think the embedded tutorials in the caps are messy and don't give a clear overview what is going on. I'm sure you have gotten used to Construct and know the tweaks but for beginner it can be hard to connect the dots. Even I have problem understanding the caps and that is good because it leaves more material for a video tutorial.

[quote:2h48ms61]Well if your really serious about this, I'd suggest taking it a step further, and making interactive tutorials via Construct 2.

Html5 is going to change the face of the net, might as well get on board.

I have been thinking of creating tutorials for Construct 2 for the free version. But I have not looked into it yet and I don't know how much support there is in the free version for HTML5.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • [quote:k1kwjmkm]To be honest though i don't really think tutorials are a good way to make money. Usually they are made to help people rather than profit from them. You should probably just start making games instead and try to sell those, you could then have tutorials how to make various things from the games to help promote and boost the game sales.

I have made $0.06 now. I got an improved download rate when I uploaded the full tutorial to FileSonic and that was only with one tutorial.

If I create games and sell them I have lots of competition. For video tutorials I don't see much competition at all. I don't worry much about the competition between video and written tutorials. I searched around and it was crystal clear people wanted video tuts over written.

• Just don't bet the farm on one chicken.[/code:3ryqnavf]
    This is so true.

I try to think as simple as possible.
    The fact is that people like game creation tutorials. I have asked around in a couple of forums and they are very interested to have them. Someone that likes to play games have most likely thought what if I could create a game. So I think there is a demand.
    What do you think?
  • [quote:1s719dqk]I think maybe if you did a few high quality tutorials for free, people might come back to you in the future when you offer more at a small cost.

Yes this is a really good info thanks.

Just to let you know. One forum gives very few visitors but if they like the videos maybe the recommend them to others.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)