Videogame-Remakes

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Source file (commented event sheets), art and all music included and 100% royalty free.
  • I'm putting together a small minigame for the Super Mario Brothers image (the other mario pic on that gallary). Heres a screen shot:

The mario in there is just tempory tho. I need to draw a limbed version for bone movement etc.

I'm trying to make it look like this:

http://fc22.deviantart.com/fs32/i/2008/ ... Orioto.jpg

• That looks pretty awesome, David. Very close to the original.

I want to see it in action!

• Why is everyone here an artist? xD

ol, I wish I was an artist.

I can make Construct do 3D, but couldn't draw/paint/model if my life depended on it.

• Mika�l Aguirre's gallery has been updated with more old game re-paintings:

http://orioto.deviantart.com/gallery/#Videogame-Remakes

• Wow, they're really pretty.

• The only thing that would have to be considered is that this style also SCREAMS for more animation phases than what we were used to back then - And more animation = more time = more money. Especially character animation would take a much longer time than the typical 16bit 2d stuff. That's why going with 3d and post processing the rendered sprites would make a hell of a lot of sense. Still, that guy said he often needed 30 hours for each of these paintings - 30 hours for one layout! Of course you could reuse a bit of stuff, but that's still not very efficient.

Still, with todays tools and a good pipeline / workflow I don't see any reason why this stuff shouldn't be possible. The question is rather whether or not it's feasible for what one's going to do.

• Yes, you are right. And for doing smooth animations you need more frames too = more RAM to eat. 3d prerendered animations with motion blur/bone system can help too.

• How important do you think video game women are to kids' perspectives on gender?

I was thinking the other day about Chun Li in the Street Fighter games. She was really a rather breakthrough character, in that she was the first one (so far as I know) to be a hero rather than damsel. Moreover, she was not created as an inferior fighter to the males. Of the 8 original characters, she was the fastest fighter (hence the one I was the best at till I got to play Vega.

• Samus Aran kicks Chun Lis butt, dude.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Samus was a bit of a ploy tho, you didn't know he was a she until you beat the game or some friend told you/gave you a mysterious "cheat code" and didn't say what it did

• Samus was a bit of a ploy tho, you didn't know he was a she until you beat the game or some friend told you/gave you a mysterious "cheat code" and didn't say what it did

And if you were good, you got to see her in a bikini. O_o

But back on the subject: we should tell that guy to come try Construct

• Samus Aran kicks Chun Lis butt, dude.

Konoko (from ONI) kick's Samus butt anytime.

btw I remember seeing a nextgen Mario remake somewhere.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)