The Official Introduce Yourself Thread

• Hi everyone,

I'm a complete noob to this but love gaming and want to learn to create my own games. With that being said I'm excited and ready to learn.

• HI all, this is Vampirkat.

I'll probably lurk more than post.

I used to use QuickBasic to make my games and was active on the QB forums until they faded. That was a lot of fun times and zine trades in the scene for me

I also used Klik&Play/The Games Factory in good ol' Windows 3.1 and resisted upgrading until WinXP came out (I'm hardcore lol). I ported over my QB games in QB64 but realized the license wouldn't work for me. I decided to get serious, so I got DarkBasic. My laptop died so I got a new one with Vista, and I bought DarkBasic Pro. When I got an android tablet, I got App Game Kit. I made a lot of demos but no games just yet.

Technology keeps changing and I keep trying to upgrade and stay ahead. Maybe this time I'll get a game completed before tech changes again!!!

I still lurk sometimes on create-games.com and Glorious Trainwrecks. I post a bit on GT.

• I guess it's about time to introduce myself after being a member for a while now: "Hello and welcome, everyone!" Good luck to everyone on their projects because I know that I need it as well. See ya!

• Hi!

I'm a 23-year old student from Herøy,Norway. I'm working toward a career in the game industry. I have always had a burning passion to tell and draw stories and create interesting experiences. So that led me naturally in to studying Game design and wanting to work in the game industry.

I'm currently working on my first (one man) game project after studying game design for 3 years. I've been jumping between engines, trying to find the one that suits me the best. As I'm mainly an artist and designer with limited programming knowledge construct 2 seem to be a good fit for me.

My dream is to find or create a job that will let me continue to develop my skills as an artist and game designer, and my passion for storytelling.

I really hope that one day I can quit my "normal" job and just make a living on making games.

• I've been using Construct 2 for well over a year now and I've been meaning to post in this group for ages but never really got around to it until now.

Let's see... I too grew up during the 'Golden Age of Gaming' and though I loved the NES we never had one in the house until much later. So we were DOS kids. King's Quest, Space Quest, all the Quest games and so on. Pretty much got my love for games and game music from them. We used to rent an NES all the time as well so games like Punch Out and River City Ransom were huge hits for my brother and I (probably why we're doing this http://www.rivercityransom.com). But that's another story not related to my Construct 2 life

So anyway fast forward a bunch of years, I became a sound designer and composer for video games and I've spent over a decade doing just that as a career (http://www.dustincrenna.com). Then I got laid off from my full-time position creating sound effects and I went freelance and did a few games (and continue to work as a freelance audio dude if anyone's interested).

I started my own game company called Idea Moose Entertainment (http://www.ideamoose.com) and came across Construct 2 from someone who followed me on Twitter. I was hooked because at that point I was knee deep in coding on XNA.

We just released our first small game on the App Store called 'Udder Flap: When Cows Fly!' (https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/udder-flap-when-cows-fly!/id885310273?mt=8) and we'll have an Android version out soon (once I get the Cocoonjs plugin stuff working for the achievements and leaderboards). Actually the website was done in Construct as well for the company site now that I think about it

Anyway, I think that's it. Sorry if I rambled on

Advice for people wanting to get into the game industry, I guess I would say just do your own thing. It's better here

• Sup People! I'm a 20 year old finn, And I had this dream as a kid to make video games. Well I never pursued that dream though and now I thought about giving it a go. I have studied some programming and enjoy the problem solving that comes with it. So needless to say I have worked on a hand full of projects within web design and thought I would up the ante! Thought I'd share my 2 cents and I'll be seeing ya on here!

Peace

Tommi

• Oi

• Hello,

My name is Dias, and I'm a Lunatic.

I like to play games, as much I like to develop games. I'm from Brazil, so my English is not so good.

I'm here to learn, but I'm developing a game with a couple of friends.

A friend of mine told me about the engine, but I know a couple of developers who use the engine, so I decided to give a try.

Safety and Peace;

• Hello, I'mg going to try out this software.

• nio odet of for me

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Howdy!

• Hey everyone! Gonna try this out for fun. Found out about it from a workshop at the Microsoft building in Cambridge

• Hello Everyone i come from planet earth Lol

• Hello Everyone! My Name is Ngaio and I live in the United States. I have always wanted to develop a game so now I am.

• Hello everyone. I'm TheComingStorm. New to Scirra and Construct 2. Just looking to do something fun in my free time and just learn something new.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 8 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 8 guests)